You can type here any text you want

Cork Valve cover gaskets??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SS/GN

I thought I read on here that Felpro had a thicker cork version ?? The only one I can find is part # VS50156C. Does anyone have a part # for the thicker version?? Thanks in advance

felpro 1600 are .188 thick
...if you have aftermarket covers and champ heads with milled lip edge the cometic .188 thick is the best

I tried the Felpro # 1600 and it supersedes to the Blue silicone style now. Is this correct or am I missing something?

Google is your friend. Plenty 1600s show up as available. Summitracing, Oreillys, Autozone, Amazon just to name a few.

I bought the plain old felpro cork from Kirban I think. I RTV'd both sides and they're dry as a bone. I was reluctant with all the different opinions but they're fine

Google is your friend. Plenty 1600s show up as available. Summitracing, Oreillys, Autozone, Amazon just to name a few.

Hey thanks Gary , but I am in Canada and those gaskets are $ 17 from Summit and would cost me over $50 and almost a week to get here so I am trying to source them locally. I will be getting some from RJC when I go to BG. thanks for the input guys, I ordered a set from Napa and see what arrives.

I ran a plain oil set of Fel-Pros leak free from '98 until I built my engine last year. The only reason I replaced them was because the high pressure dishwasher at the machine shop blew them off.

Once they take a set and mold to the head casting they'll work for damn near forever.

I've used the store brand cork gaskets a long time without any problems. The last ones I bought from Autozone and they gave me a set made by ROL very thick. Just don't over tighten when you install them and you will be good to go.

RJC all the way Kevin!
This is directly from Jason's website.

Valve Cover Gasket Set
We have tried every valve cover gasket rubber and cork out there and there and these are by far the best hands down. they are black dense rubber style that have great compress ability for ultimate sealing but are rigid enough to stay in the valve cover and not squeeze out of the way during installation. These are very nice and reusable. They will give you years of leak free service. Once you buy a set you wont have anything else.

Valve Cover Gasket Set #RJC-VCg
Price; $24.00

Just an update, my Felpro # 1600 gaskets came in and they are the cork version. Nice and thick ( .188) and fit with just a minor trim for stock valve covers. While I was researching this lots of companies including Summit have the wrong description for some of the Felpro products. When we looked them up at my local Napa dealer we found this on there system. I am going to get a set from RJC when I go to BG as I like to have a few spares of everything for my stuff. Thanks for the input and hope this helps.

Back