You can type here any text you want

Correct Paint for intercooler and core support?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87GN&98VET

My radiator support is starting to rust and my intercooler has some chips in the paint. I'd like to repaint these. Does anyone know where I can get the correct paint for these areas?

Thanks,
Sean

Hey Sean
If You Going To Paint The Intercooler, Make Sure You Use Radiator Paint. I Used Radiator Paint From Eastwood. It Looked Great! I Took My Radiator Support Off The Car And Had It Sand Blasted,then Took It Over To Body Shop Had It Painted With Black Underhood Paint,also From Eastwood.

Vince

Thanks for the suggestions. Does the Eastwood paint give you the dull satin finish (same as factory)? It appears that the intercooler and top of the rad. support both have the same dull satin appearance. I'm just wondering if the rad. paint and underhood paint look the same.

Thanks,
Sean

Krylon "Semi Flat Black" gives a much more pleasing appearance than a typical "semi gloss black", IMHO.

matter of fact, I used the SemiFlat on both the radiator support and the intercooler.

tom h said:
Krylon "Semi Flat Black" gives a much more pleasing appearance than a typical "semi gloss black", IMHO.

matter of fact, I used the SemiFlat on both the radiator support and the intercooler.

Ditto that.

I've always wondered if powdercoat would affect heat transfer to/from the intercooler. Would give a more durable finish

Back