You can type here any text you want

Cosmetic Head Gasket install

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Chris McDade

First time using these gaskets.

Im going to take the rivets off and use copper spray on every layer. My question is does it matter which side of the gasket to use? They both look the same and the instructions suck.

Thanks

they can go either way as long as they stay in order. Where ya workin on the car at? If your in Katy let me know, i just got mine back together a few weeks ago and used the same procedure on the Cometics

one side of the gaskets seem to have a slight indentation which i put to the block being that the head is being torqued downward. the other side seems to have a slightly raised area.(put to the top) look close.

when pulled out of the package Im pretty sure it can go either way as long as its kept in the same order as it was with the rivets installed. There is no up or down side. Now you can flip the top shim to where the indentions face down and then it would be wrong i believe. Just wanted to clarify

JD,
We are working on the car in Katy @ my dad's house. I will let you know when we are ready to install them and maybe you can stop by.

Thanks for the info.

I always just remove one rivet. That way they will stay in order and there's plenty of room to pry them apart and spray between the layers

Back