You can type here any text you want

Couple fast issues

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Alaskabuick

It seems like I always have to give the car throttle to start?

Another issue is, if I let of the throttle suddenly at a light slow cuise it quits.

Thanks,

Dennis

Sounds like the IAC and TPS are out of whack. The cold-start can be addressed by the Start IAC Pos vs. Coolant Temp table and the close-throttle issue can be addressed with the Throttle Follower table. Before you mess with either table, however, I'd make sure your IAC target is reasonable as well as your TPS numbers. I just installed FAST yesterday in my car and had similar problems at first. I had to adjust my throttle blade and TPS quite a bit versus the stock ECU settings in order to get it right. Once it's right, though, it's great. Mine was stalling when I dropped it into gear with the stock ECU. I just learned to live with it. No more with FAST.

Jim

target

What would be a resonable target for IAC and TPS numbers?

Thanks,

Den

Sounds like the IAC and TPS are out of whack. The cold-start can be addressed by the Start IAC Pos vs. Coolant Temp table and the close-throttle issue can be addressed with the Throttle Follower table. Before you mess with either table, however, I'd make sure your IAC target is reasonable as well as your TPS numbers. I just installed FAST yesterday in my car and had similar problems at first. I had to adjust my throttle blade and TPS quite a bit versus the stock ECU settings in order to get it right. Once it's right, though, it's great. Mine was stalling when I dropped it into gear with the stock ECU. I just learned to live with it. No more with FAST.

Jim

What would be a resonable target for IAC and TPS numbers?

Thanks,

Den

It depends on what's been programmed into your ECU. With mine, the crossover between idle and off-idle is 15% for the TPS. I adjusted the TPS to get me as close to 15% as possible at idle: 14%. My Throttle Follower chart is set up so that IAC is around 26 at 14% so I goofed around with the TPS and the throttle blade set screw to get into those ranges on the chart (14% and 26). I did bump my idle up to 910 once it's warmed up to compensate for the cam. With the car running and the Throttle Follower open you can see where your actual TPS and IAC settings are. You'll want to adjust it so that it's close to the graph (assuming the graph is optimal for your setup).

I can't take credit for the base configuration - it came preloaded from Cotton's and it was darn near perfect out of the box. I just adjusted the TPS and throttle plate to where the software said it was happy.

Jim

Back