You can type here any text you want

Crack a Diamond piston, pics inside....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WSLN 6

Powered by Murphy's Law
Pfff...who needs progress anyway. All comments welcome.

100_3871.jpg

100_3875.jpg

100_3877.jpg

Same cylinder that torched the GN1 head a bit. (#2)

Looks like the same spot that another member had failure. The piston was machined too thin in that area and prone to failure.

Ya I saw those. I'm sure that this piston would end up looking like the one with the window in it if I ran it again.
Maybe it is time to order up som CP's or something.

They are 2 years old, have about 2000 miles on them.

well like Mike said give Diamond a call.:cool: I just looked at my slip an we got a set in 2004. Has about 30k on the motor. 15k was buy Melissa that we beat the hell out of it. :eek:

Looks like a defect in the piston, not a crack, just my opinion.... I'm sure you would have seen that though, during the initial assembly process.

Chuck

Well defect or crack it's unuseable. It pushed the top of the piston crown up, so something must have happened when I blew the head gasket. No matter now I guess, hunting down some JE's as we speak. First race of the year is on Sunday, I may not be ready.....lol :D

Yup that was my link in there with the other diamond piston broken. From what ive herd, when you call diamond they tell you they have a new design and will sell them to you. So basically you become diamonds trial and error department at your own out of pocket cost.

I think im going to go with CP's.

Back