cracked converter hub? 2x?

A point that happened to me was mine would leak about the same. I kept seeing a leak at the front seal area as if it came out from where the seal was pressed into the pump. I had the retainer and the seal never pushed fluid onto the converter to fling it onto the inside of the bellhousing. It would not leak on the lift even at full TV pressure. I did as Dave Husek suggested and maxed out TV line and slowly brought the rpms up and still could not get it to leak. I finally found that it was the cooler that would plug and it would spew out. I thought my converter hub had cracked, Vigilante balloon plate weld leaking, pump oring, pump bolts leaking or porous case. Finally found mine by flushing the cooler again and after coming inside to eat and then go out, it popped the lines loose and I finally found out the problem. By-passed the radiator cooler and no more leaks.

just wanted to update. The converter checked out ok and does not have a crack this time... now im a bit lost. I will be replacing the pump but honestly don't see anything wrong with it either.

What pump assembly casting #? What size is the drain back passage behind the seal? Is their any flex plate run out? Is the converter pilot ok? Is the crank ok where the pilot slides in? Are the mating surfaces between the engine and trans flat and parallel to the crank flange?

What pump assembly casting #? What size is the drain back passage behind the seal? Is their any flex plate run out? Is the converter pilot ok? Is the crank ok where the pilot slides in? Are the mating surfaces between the engine and trans flat and parallel to the crank flange?

Bison its an 088/082 setup with the drainback enlarged to 1/4 i believe. I didn't find any obvious runout on the flywheel but ordered a new SFI plate just in case. The pilot on the converter is good and the crank is nice and smooth and the converter slides in fine. Im just gonna heat up the converter and aircheck it one more time and if its good i'll install a new pump and put my new flywheel back on and go from there.

GNeric believe I read your old post a few nights ago and after checking it seems that my cooler and lines are good to go but i have new lines to go on anyways and ill take a better look at the cooler and fittings on the transmission when i get back up to the shop