Craigslist scam?

TTA81

I saw this ad and it obviously looked too good to be true. I emailed him to find out more. Here is his emails:

"Hi,
Thanks for taking a part of your time and visiting my ad 1996 CHEVROLET IMPALA SS.
I sell it at this price ($4,800) due to a change in circumstances of health I have had sciatica for 6 months and it impossible for me to drive it.I am also financially strapped due to medical bills, and in rapid need of this sale.This car is in excellent working conditions, no scratches, flaws or any kind of damage, slightly used in 100% working and looking conditions and comes with a clear title.The car has 16,000 miles.This car may be purchased with money back guarantee.In summary you are permitted to buy and drive this car for 5 days or 500 miles. If you don’t want the car, you can return it to me for a full money refund!From the begining you have to know that for the payment I request only secure pay, I prefer ebay.
It is simple and is great for both parties so that any lack of trust is eliminated.I will wait your answer(if you are interested to buy) very soon.

Thanks,"

Last one:

"Hi again,
The car is already at the shipping company in Bedford, MA sealed and ready for the shipping.Actually I'm at the hospital so I can't meet in person with you so this is the reason why I chose to sell my car over the internet
Here's how our deal works :
In order to complete this deal the payment must be sent to ebay . As soon as they receive the payment will notify me to start the delivery.After that you will receive all information about delivery so you can be able to track your shipment online.ebay will hold your payment until you receive and inspect the car (you have 5 days for inspection) If you will find the smallest problem with the car you will ship it back on my expense and ebay will send you your full amount back.Shipping to your location is included in the price.
Basically ebay holds your money safe until you confirm that the car is what you have expected and you want to buy it. It is not a sight unseen deal. We are both covered.
Sorry for the long emails I have tried to touch all"

Tell him ill go pick it up for you at the shipping company. New Bedford isnt that far. LOL!

We played one of these guys like a fiddle at my old JohnDeere dealership.....

Tell him you will accept but you want to see his picture to verify his identity... but he has to be holding a cardboard sign that says......

Mustangs suck.... Grand Nationals rule......... 99% sure he will do it:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I sell it at this price ($4,800)

right there tells that its as scam
dumb Fck foreigners(sp) that cant write unlike me that cant spell

I may play around with him a bit more ;). Will probably tell him I have a friend who can pick the car up at the shipping company w/ cash in hand ready to deal.:eek:

I may play around with him a bit more ;). Will probably tell him I have a friend who can pick the car up at the shipping company w/ cash in hand ready to deal.:eek:
Ask him fir western union info. Then give him a fake money transfer number