You can type here any text you want

Crank pulley bolt loose

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbofrank

Noticed weeks ago oil spashed on oil filter,crank and water pump pulleys. Before this oil pressure on cold start 70psi after warmup 15psi now 70 on cold start 5 on warmup. Removed intercooler fan found oil inside crank pulley area. Today i started to remove crank pulley and discovered crank bolt loose. Pulley does not wobble for now i just retightened bolt. Motor rebuilt 6mos ago.
What tests do i need to perform ?

Id pull the pan and check for any problem there.

Put some blue loctite on the threads of the balancer bolt...otherwise it wil come loose again...

Crank pulley is/was wobbling.. I'd bet it took out the seal. Thus the oil leak.
If the ft cover has never been off, the rope is toast, and should be replaced w/ a neoprene seal.

When you put it back together, put a little bit of white grease on the crank snout and the back side of the crank bolt washer. That will more than likely stop the leak. Mine did the same thing over a long period of time, but the bolt didn't come loose. Oil just eventually worked it's way through. Put blue or red loctite on that bolt! The drop in oil pressure you reported is a concern . Any other symtoms?

Back