You can type here any text you want

Crank

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

aquickv6

What are the current choices for a new crank for an off center 4.1 Stage II Block? I think I want the 3.625 stoke, unless there is a good reason not to go for the max cubic inches.

The only "Off the shelf" options are the Eagle crank (3.40 stroke) and the stock cast crank. Moldex , Scat or Crower will make any stroke you want in a custom billet crank. You can expect to pay around $2200 for a new billet crank.

Dave

I believe T/A Performance has 3.625 Crower cranks on the shelf. Cost is around $2400, if I remember correctly.

Cranks

I have (4) Four NEW 3.625 Wide Journal Cranks being finished at Moldex. Talked with them today, they should be ready for pick up sometime next week. $1,800.00 + shipping. I also have (5) FiveCORES at MOLDEX. ANY SPECIAL ORDERS???? Email me at booherprecision@aol.com or call me at 937-272-4313. Thanks, Mike :cool:

Anyone ever run into the "bad" cores lately? The ones with the wrong counterweight spacing? Are there any still around? Just wondering.

TurboTR

CRANKS

These are BMS #2550008 Cores. This is the core that all BUSCH, ARCA, ASA Crank Shafts that I have seen were made from. Thanks, Mike:cool:

Didnt the bad cores have the same part numbers as the good ones?

With the experience that Moldex has with the Buick cranks I don't think I'd worry too much about it.

Originally posted by Ron Tarabori
With the experience that Moldex has with the Buick cranks I don't think I'd worry too much about it.

I agree, Moldex will determine if they are junk or not before they start.

bad cores

I had talked to whitey awhile back and the bad cores or early cranks are different because of the center counterweights. It was if they overlaped each other,cant remember if they needed to overlap to be good or not overlap. But that is the determination of whick is which.

I have a 3.59 forged crank for sale with Carillo rods for 2,000.00 + shipping (BTW it is a new wide journal BRC)

Back