You can type here any text you want

Crankcase Vacuum pump

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

strungout6

Ive noticed a lot of threads about interest in this, however the only real answers were an electric smog pump or a stand alone independent pulley set up. I purchased a GZ sportsman pump and it bolted into the area where my A/C delete idler was located. With the 7.5 serpentine pulley from GZ, the catch can behind the front bumper, T.I.G fitting in the valve covers, it was as bolt on as I believe you can get with these cars. Works like a charm 12inhg vacuum. No more leaks either.

I would like more info about the unit and pictures if you have any?

That is great for a track car, but most owners like to have AC on the street which is why the electric pumps are used.

Do you use a bleed valve to control how much vacuum is pulled?

In my race car the belt-driven pump pulls about 12" of vacuum as well, thanks for the info.

I personally wouldn't have deleted the A/C, however the car already had it done. Ill get some pics tonight, I tried fabricating a standalone bracket for about 5 hrs before a had that moment of clarity and decided to pull the bracket and slide the pump on the studs. Saying I was "Shocked" at the fitment is an understatement.

And yes, I installed the bleed valve in the pass valve cover. My psi gauge is in the oil fill cap. In order to maintain a certain amount of "oily air flow" to lube the pump I wanted the bleed valve on the engine, opposite of the suction pick up.

20160313_115650.jpg

For you guys interested. Here is the GZ pump install pics in the factory A/C location. I had to go 1in longer on the serpentine belt thats it. The factory idler works great. It pulls 12in of vacuum WOT. Worth every penny.

Back