Cranks but Doesnt Start.....

Where are you at? Maybe someone close could come take a look. Like I said earlier. If you have fuel, air, and spark together at the right time it'll run. You said you have fuel and air and spark so all that's left is to make sure it's happening at the right time.

Im in Colorado Springs, Colorado...... Im station down here at Fort Carson..... Well, thats what has me confuse.. I have everything i need to make Her run, but she just wont.... Do you know where i can find a wire diagram to check everything... even the firing order???? Well thank you for your time.......

Try new set of plugs and a good battery or fully charged one so you have good cranking amps. It just might be that the plugs are so badly fouled out.

HTH

Prasad

The coil pack should be numbered to show what plug each tower goes to. As far as diagrams go, gnttype or vortexbuicks might have something.

Try new set of plugs and a good battery or fully charged one so you have good cranking amps. It just might be that the plugs are so badly fouled out.

HTH

Prasad
What do you usually gap your plugs at????? I have a new Optima battery so that should be good......thanks.......

The coil pack should be numbered to show what plug each tower goes to. As far as diagrams go, gnttype or vortexbuicks might have something.
i know the box is number but i wanted to also know the firing order...... also wich cylinder is wich???? thanks once again.....

drivers side from frount to rear; 1,3,5.
pass " " " " " ; 2,4,6

also, unplug the maf and see if car will idle.

What do you usually gap your plugs at????? I have a new Optima battery so that should be good......thanks.......

Factory spec is .035 but if run more boost we drop it down to .032. Even if you have a new battery put it on a charger, it might be weak form all the cranking.

Keep us posted

Prasad

thanks to you all. is there any place where i can see a picture or any one can tell me how the coil box should be facing??? just so i can make sure it isnt put back-wards..... sorry for all the bother.... thanks to you all:D

maybe you can tell by this pic,my car was all original then

Attachments

• 00110006[1].jpg
    00110006[1].jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 260
thank you all... now last question... is there any where , were i can look up the wire hook up... you know from the module to the ignition box???? any one can tell me wich one goes where.. just to make sure everything is good.......thank you all.:biggrin: :confused:

Did it start yet, it really sounds like you have the ignition module wired incorrectly. Or plugs mis routed.

I havent had the chance to cranck it.. My starter blew out on me when i was trying to trouble shoot it... so now i have to order a new one and wait till it arrives.....:D

Hey make sure that your oil is not diluted with gas from all the cranking. Pull the dipstick out and smell it. If it smells like gas then change it. I have seen/heard people loosing motors due to too much gas wash down from cranking to figure out the problem .

Prasad