crankshaft pully

scgnx

Is there some trick to getting the crank pulley to seat properly??? I replaced my timing chain last year and been plagued with shredding serpentine belts..ever since. The belt winds up getting
cut on the lip of that crank pulley. I've gone as far as using a 3 foot cast pipe on the end of the socket wrench..still no go. Anyone else have this problem ??

Sounds like something is definitely out of alignment...did you replace the crank gear when the timing chain was done...if so with what?...did you put the oil deflecter back on the crank before buttoning up the TC?

I replaced the chain and gears with a set from Dynagear put the oil deflector on as well. Seemed fine..but I replaced the rope seal
with the neopreme one piece. The waterpump pulley is not in line with the crank, its off by 1/8th of an inch. Part off the problem is that I don't have a lift and its difficult to really get leverage on the wrench while laying on my back. I think the torque spec is something like 220 ft/lbs for that bolt. I'll probably have a local shop give it a try..thanks for your input

Don't be too concerned about trying to get 220 ft lbs on that bolt...the important thing is that it doesn't come loose...hopefully you put blue loctite on it...an impact is your best bet...borrow one or rent an electric one...I use an electric impact(heavy duty one)
..put blue loctite on the threads then crank the gun for about 10 seconds...stop...then go about another 7-10 seconds...haven't had one come loose on me yet...is the water pump pulley the only one that seems out of alignment?...did you replace the pump/pulley?