Crossing fingers for no coolant leaks

Looks good! You now got me wondering about putting the tubes over the rad.:cool:

One thing to remeber is the radiator needs to move down a little bit. It's Scott's car but when him and I put those in we took the rad. and moved it down just to clear but checked to make sure it wasn't down to far for ground clearance.

One thing to remeber is the radiator needs to move down a little bit. It's Scott's car but when him and I put those in we took the rad. and moved it down just to clear but checked to make sure it wasn't down to far for ground clearance.

I've already moved my rad and condenser back some just to fit a 4" thick front mount intercooler behind the grill of my car. I guess moving it down shouldn't be a problem either. I know my intercooler pipes get very hot from the air going through the radiator. Going over the rad should decrease temps and shorten the pipes.

Inlet temps.

From the FAST datalogger on a high 80deg day at the Midwest challange the

highest inlet temp was 113deg. I have the sensor located at the very

bottom of the Champion intake at the very back.(under coil pack basicly)

Jason at RJC said that was excellent.

I'm only running 16-17psi right now so the higher I go the hotter it'll get.

Running the pipes over the top definatly gets me away from the hot radiator

heat.. They don't get warm from that for sure! I don't think the shorter

pipes help much as alot of guys run their stuff alot longer and have no

trouble.
~Scott~

ITS ABOUT TIME!!! :D That thing is looking awesome! Congrats! Somethings I found out here lately, Im trying to launch my car (I have the same rear end, same gears, Metco lowers and a S&W adjustable torque arm, Bilstien shocks) and So far, anything above 6psi, It wont hook on MT ET Streets 26x10.5x16's. So we went to MT 28x9x15's slicks and spun them too!:confused: So I just ordered a new set of Weld Prostars 15x10 - 61/2 back space and MT Drag Radials 325x50x15's. HOPEFULLY they will bite. Best time so far still is a 10.70 @ 134 and 20.5psi

Alan

Once again, beautiful car and design. Please update us on the results with a normal, (25+ boost level). :biggrin:

Scott Wile

88ZNX, there isn't a torque arm under the car we kind of made our own rear suspension for the car and put the coilovers in a non-binding position. It's kind of a ladder bar set-up but it's not ladder bars under the car.

Yea... Traction isn't a problem with the car. With the old engine/trans it was 1.48 60's and didn't spin at all.

It's a South Side Machiene lift bar setup with a 9" ford rear 3:50 gear and
QA1 Coil overs in back of the axel. The stock lower controll arms are not installed. They bind when you use the SSM's.
If I can just get the darn conveter re-stalled I'd be all set. I'll be taking it out and sending it in come spring. Depending on how hot it is outside it's stalling between 2200-2600RPM. And slowing going up once boost comes on.
Just not enough to get me over the "boost hump" as they say. Once it go's over 6psi it climbs quickly. If I can't reach 6psi it just stays there.
Hate to re-stall a nice tight converter but Not much choice.
Thanks again,
Scott~
Awsome MPH 88ZNX!!!!! Hook that puppy up and it'll drop some more ET for sure!

Winter time... and new plans for spring :)

I put almost 1600miles on it this fall. Had a great time driving it around and going to several events and different tracks.

I think most of the bugs are worked out and I'm ready to do some changes for spring.

I'm sending the transmission to FB Performance in Long Island. They are going to install "VSC" which when activated allows a additional 1000rpm stall speed over what your converter now stalls at. That will take care of the tight converter problem down low and still allow it to be locked up tight on the rest of the track. (see this month's GM High Tech) The GN in there has it from what the guy at FB said. I don't have a copy yet.

Also going to be putting together another short block with a few upgrades from what I have now. :biggrin:
I've got till spring to get it back together before enjoying it for a entire summer this time!!!!
Glad I got to talk and meet alot of cool people this year... I'm off to hibernate for the winter!
~Scott