cruise not working

turbozim

Can't get it to set or do anything. The wiper functions and high/low beam all work on the stick. Checked the fuses, what's the next thing to check. Some guys at the parts store thought a wire might be pinched in the tilt steering column. Is there a separate relay for the cruise control?
Thanks for any input.

Have you done any tinkering around in the dash area underneath the steering wheel? There's a plug for the cruise that comes from the unit in the steering column that plugs into the wire that mates to it, I'm not sure where it goes from there. But the point is, it could have came unplugged if you were into the wires down there.
the plastic connector on the wire ends is small, and rectangular and I believe just 2 wires...I can't recall the colors off the top of my head.
Go take down the plastic covering underneath your steering column and look for unplugged wires.
In the mean time, I'll go look at my car and check the colors of the wires and the connector to help you troubleshoot it.

IMG_TTA_wire.jpg

Ok, I'm going to try and upload a picture, never done it on here before, so let's see if I do it properly.

Anyhow, the wire & plug I circled in green, I'm pretty sure that's the cruise plug. It's thick black on one end, and other end has 4 wires coming from the plug connector, 1 pink, 1 blue, 2 gray.

I can't say that I'm 100% positive that I'm right, so If anyone views this and know s that I'm wrong, please correct me.

Yea, I was almost certain that was the wire, I had it unplugged last year when I had to fix my ignition lock w/vats wire. When I had everything back together, I drove it, checked the cruise and it didn't work, so I panicked thinking what did I do, then I realized it was just a wire unplugged.

turbozim, what's the update??

Thanks for the suggestion turbota633. Mine was still plugged in but i pulled it apart and cleaned the contacts. Not a nice day here for a test drive but i'll try the cruise next time i drive it. Haven't done anymore investigating yet.