You can type here any text you want

Cruz Performance

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

3.8 LA LEY

Just wanted to share what an awesome and butter-smooth experience I had with Don at Cruz Performance.

This all started when I called him about a stock replacement wire-harness which I knew he had been working on. I explained to him, I hated how the car ran from fuel choke-ups at WOT, idling rough, startup issues, couldn't control boost and just all over the place essentially. It had gotten to a point where I didn't want to drive the car because it was just unenjoyable. Some background on the car, its got TA headers, 6266 DBB precision, double 340's from racetronix, 125lb injectors (E85), champion irons and a 206/206 cam, and last but not least a 4l80E.

Another part of me was really bothered with the messy wiring of everything and really wanted the tidiness of a clean tucked engine bay. I had seen all these GN's out of Cali and really wanted something clean like that.

He advised me to just throw a Holley on it and call it a day, it would run 10x better idle smooth and even take care of my wiring concerns. After some hard thinking I sent him a list of items I wanted and before you know it a deposit was given and he was able to take the car in and start working on it.

So I since i was taking him my car and making the trip all the way up the state i figured id make it worth it and did some other goodies. Don provided me feedback and pictures throughout the whole disassembly and assembly and helped work through some kinks that got in the way as well.

I ended up with the following items:

Holley Terminator X Max with 4l80 harness hookup (gets rid of fast EZ tcu box in engine bay)
Cruz performance headers ( the TA were starting to get warped and loosening bolts every couple of weeks)
Holley electronic dual boost controller
Cruz 3" downpipe with external wastegate
Precision 46mm wastegate
Cruz vacuum line delete kit ( I was over the factory vacuum lines, looked atrocious)
removal of old alky kit and wiring
Cruz oil filter relocation kit

All I can say is WOW. This guy really did fix all my issues and gave me a completely different car. From the initial cold startup to just simple drivability to the tranny shifting, it was pretty spot on. The wiring of the harness was seamless and everything looked nice and neat.
Last night I was able to drive the car around and do some nice pulls and it is a completely different animal, from spool-up, coolant didn't pass 180, no stumbling what so ever and its only on 18lbs.

I just want to thank Don because he really did stand by his word to deliver and provide a pleasant experience. I can now enjoy this thing and terrorize the streets !

big don.jpeg

IMG_3273.jpeg

Just received my cruz setup and can’t wait to get it installed. Terminator x max with Bosch 210 injectors and Holley 12.3 pro dash. He makes nice products. 👍

I have nothing but good things to say about the Cruz Holley setup I have. (Dominator, 12.3 dash, custom harness, etc). Nice having it pre-wired for boost control and a flex fuel sensor.

Back