You can type here any text you want

Cup holders

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Herre's mine, when not in use it folds up flat too. :)

You can use the Vent to heat and cool your beverage also. :cool:

cupholderrotated.jpg

Screws were strategically placed into the side edge and bottom edge of the vent and not into the dash pad just where it meets the vent.

Then again it's been there 13 years now so who would care if the dash pad had a couple of holes in it that nobody would ever see. :p

I've been looking for one of the fold-flat ones like that, where can I get one?

Bob

Bob I bought mine many years ago.

Only thing it says on the front is Expandable.

I did a google search and came up with a few leads although I'm not sure it's the same one.

Here's a current Ebay link to one that is close if not the same.

I went to a Miata site and they said they are available at K Mart for way cheaper than Ebay.

Universal cup holder Expandable might get you a cheaper one through Amazon, I didn't try KMart on line yet.

Miata Expandable & Collapsible Cup Holder, fits any car:eBay Motors (item 280268297087 end time Dec-11-09 12:37:51 PST)

No food or drink allowed in mine either, except for the occasional bottled water. My wife always has dried-up, sticky coffee/pop/etc. all over the dashboard around the cup holder on the passenger side of my truck, and it also got down in the center console where my CDs are.:mad: :mad: :mad: It is disgusting and she never offers to help me clean it up. Yeah, this thread hit a sore spot for me...:frown:
X2
hmm...my wife must be her twin... Now that she's been driving my truck it's her's now as its trashed in a few weeks... :mad:

95 passat, comes in black. I painted it to match my TR interior. Iy slides neatly up & under the bottom of the console on drivers side - I couldn't get it to fit on pass side.

111609_2032[00].jpg

111609_2034[00].jpg

Attachments

Just wondering if any new inventions have been created? I always stop and get a 44oz drink on my way to work. And the main reason I don't ever drive my GN to work is there no where to put my drink. Just would like to see some more ideas. Also do you know if any of the venders here sell a nice setup, such as RedRegal?

I use this from advance auto parts and it fits in the center console with the top up. Each side is adjustable.

6020026_hpo_smt_pri_larg.jpg

This is what I'm doing as far as an armrest and cupholder....got this armrest from a '99 Buick Lesabre and related assembly from the boneyard and will be fabricating a bracket assembly (painted black) and attatch it to the seat belt mounting bolts so the armrest will fold up, back out of the way to access the console lid....so far, the drawings I've made on the drafting table is coming along fine, but still no time to make them....but I know this will work just great. Here's some pictures of the armrest in the predesign mode....The wood support is going to be behind some flat aluminum plate so you won't see it....the wood is to hold the whole thing level and in place. All the empty space at the wood support will be covered by the aluminum plate I'll be making, on both sides. Should work out nice...(I can see the whole thing working in my mind, but you know the brain changes as you get older.) The bottom armrest is the '99 Lesabre but the top part is out of a '99 Park Avenue...reason for this is more arm support. (straighter in length) It was just a matter of switching tops.

DSC_0574.jpg

DSC_0510.jpg

DSC_0576.jpg

I think our friend here, Red Regal has the same armrest, cupholder also in his car and his is held in place with Velcro, nice idea. I'm going to design the folding bracket assembly so I can get to the console lid. A two cup holder contraption folds out of the front of the armrest....pretty cool idea. I know I can make this work nicely. I'll be painting the armrest with matching grey paint. I'll tell the rear passengers that the vents shown are there to put out "Zyklon B", so don't give me a hard time while I'm driving. That should shake up their asses! Wish me luck. When I finish, I'll post some photos.

Bruce '87 Grand National

I have one very similar to that and it was quite a bit cheaper. Once it warms up I will get to try it out.

Could you give a little more info, please! A link of where or how you got it, a photo, just something...

Fits right in my budget

Attachments

• model_962_aag.jpg
    model_962_aag.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 201
Back