You can type here any text you want

Custom Made Strut Tower Brace Fabricated

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jan Larsson

Had a custom strut tower brace fabricated for my Turbo Trans Am by Rocky and his dad this morning (run a shop manufacturing custom bike frames for Harleys etc here in the UK).

The strut tower brace (see link below for alot of pictures) was done from scratch and custom bent to fit my car. This one bolts on to the strut tower mounts (using 2 bolts on each tower) to avoid drilling holes like most of the STB's on the market today. The plates where done and bolted in place then the heafty bar (1 1/4" seamless) was bent and designed to fit proberly with enough clearence.

End result speaks for it self, professionaly done and properly TIG welded.

Will have it poweder coated silver next time I get some parts powder coated so the pictures shows just the raw steel bar.

Let me know what you all think.

Next on the list for Rocky is the subframe connectors and a custom steering box brace / wonderbar.

http://la.rsson.com/stb/index.htm

I'm very please with the result and some of the creaks etc from the front end actually disapeared after we got the STB installed and I drove back home!

So are there any plans on selling them to others? If so I would be interested and I'm sure others would be too.

It looks very good and is welded nicely. Would the brace clear a 3" up-pipe though? I like how it's bent to leave lots of clearance around things and nothing appears to be a close call with hitting the brace.

I would say there is no plans to manufacture them as you would need proper NC machinery for bendint the tube to ensure proper fit. This was bent and trial fitted several times for each bend so they really need access to the car to do this properly.

The brace on mine is very close to the hose form the up-pipe (stock) to the plenum to give as much clearence as possible for the hood so for a 3" up-pipe the brace would have to sit 1/2" higher I suspect then there might be clearence issues with the hood as mine currently touches the hood insulation slightly (I have an after market hood insulation that is thicker than the OEM (discontinued) one so hard to say without actually trile fitting on your setup. The option would be to cut out the brace on the underside for more clearence (basicly cout out a portion (large radius) and then weld a flat piece in there this way you could gain about 1/2" or so, we discussed doing this but looked like I had enough clearnece and of course this would also weeken the brace a bit.

Hi Jan!

"Page can not been wiewed"

Working with it or what?

As 72firebird asked, this is a complicated history since we live in Europe and we use in Jan's case Brittish pound, in Sweden still krona and in most other countrys in Europe euro.

Since the Us Dollar is very,very low now compared the european market there is no way that we can export to USA.

Ex: For the moment i can buy 1 US dollar for 6.80 Swedish krona, 3 years ago i bought 1 US dollar for 11 Swedish krona.

In Sweden we have an explosion for the moment on import cars and parts from USA.

Seems to be down at the moment for some reason ... try later :-)

We can export as long as someone is willing to pay :-)

Cheap for us to import at the moment and seems like it will be even cheaper shortly, so I'm buying at the moment ;)

Back