You can type here any text you want

custom rims made

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

berserker6

Assistant to the regional manager
i see shows on tv where shops have machines where they design and then cut there own rims out of solid blocks of aluminum. im wondering if anyones ever seen where GN rims were copied in look and then produced in say a 17 or 18 inch size? that would look incredible. i wonder what theyd charge?

I've got somthing that I'm working on right now, but nothing for sure. I'll be posting when and if it happens.:)

Happy spooling.
Mike Barnard

GBodyParts.com Online is working on that as we speak. may be coming in aluminum!

I've got somthing that I'm working on right now, but nothing for sure. I'll be posting when and if it happens.:)

Happy spooling.
Mike Barnard

i am loosing my mind over the idea of someone reproducing GN rims in a 17 or 18 inch size. i dont know why it wouldnt have been done sooner. the look of stock GN rims is my favorite and they would look amazing. i know theyll sell like crazy. how could there not be a market for them! GET IT DONE!

The rims Gbody are doing are going to be 15s only. unless somthing has changed in the last month.

STEEL: Stock car wheels, lightweight or std. wht. drag racing wheels, fronts/rears, pro street wheels 4" thru 16" wide, sports car wheels / Ice racing wheels. TDW is a distributor for AERO Race Wheels
ALUMINUM: Sprint car , midget & mini-sprint car, pro street & performance street wheels. ALL SIZES! TRUDESIGN WHEEL is Colorado's ONLY custom builder of Steel and Aluminum wheels. CALL for your quote.
Aero Racewheel Distributor.

True Design Wheel; Pricing

thanks all but i guess what im looking for is someone to make a GN rim in either a 17 or 18 inch. like out of a block of aluminum. not widening stock rims or putting an extra inch on the lip. just spoke with a guy that said he wont do it for fear of copyright infringement and that gm stays on top of this stuff. im gonna find a way to get them made and when gm says hey they look just like GN rims ill say "nope i dont think so" is it just me or would that look incredible? maybe someone can photoshop a pic of what it might look like.

If people are making replicas then how would a bigger rim be infringment.

If people are making replicas then how would a bigger rim be infringment.

i explained to this company True Design Wheel; Pricing what it was i wanted. an exact match for a GN rim done in either a 17 or 18 inch wheel and they said no it would be infringement. nice guy, very informative. but he said no way. i wonder if its infringement if i have them made. not for profit. but just for my car?

I asked budnik wheels once how much they would charge for a one off wheel.They told me around 10 grand.They were saying something about having to test it first.

I asked budnik wheels once how much they would charge for a one off wheel.They told me around 10 grand.They were saying something about having to test it first.

Thanks. That's the info I was looking for. I think for a one off I would even go as high 4 thou for a set of rims. I've seen shows on TV where shops like Boyd coddington has a machine that pumps out rims they design on a computer. That's what I want!!

Back