Daily abused GNX spotted

H/OBullrunRich

Hi guys, I am new here been a long time fan of GNs and of course the GNX. I found the sirte by accident and got caight up reading GNX-ray's GTNX detials...fascinating stuff.
I have had several friends that have owned several examples of GNs, and at one time inherited a large pile of GN memoribilia which regrettably I gave up to another friend who also was a GN enthusiast.

At any rate I just wanted to share with you GNX watchers that here on Long Island NY, there is a large shoppiong mall called Roosevelt Field in which I have seen on several occasions a genuine daily "abused" GNX. I am guessing that it is driven by a woman (there is eveidence by personal possesions). The car is as you would imagine a daily driven 80's car would be. There appears to be some paint bubbling and the the seals all seem to be cracking....kills me to see this special car treated in this way.

I dont rememer the dash number since it was a few months ago since I last saw it. I am sure this car is one of those cases where the owner has a million people asking her daily to sell them the car for a fair price given its state and she refuses because while she knows its special and thinks that even in its sad state is worth a million bucks, she obviously iss not a car-guy/gal per se...so they just uses it and drives it into the ground.

If any of you are in the NY area and are looking for a real GNX to save...you might want to look there since I am guessing that she is an employee in the mall most probably of Nordstroms since it was in this area that I spotted that car.

Cheers.

Im surprised it doesnt disappear hanging around shopping malls up there. are you sure its real?

driven is one thing parked in a mall and not taken care of is another:mad:
how do you know if it isn't being taken care of?
the paint might be fading and flaking- it is, after all, a GM product from the late 80's- but maybe it's kept mechanically perfect.

how do you know if it isn't being taken care of?
the paint might be fading and flaking- it is, after all, a GM product from the late 80's- but maybe it's kept mechanically perfect.
ya well its being left UNATTENDED IN A MALL PARKING LOT so therefore whoever owns it cant care that much can you say door dings,bad a$$ kids,jealous retards,subject to being hit by some dumb no driving 16 -100 year old girl/woman or some dumb 16-25 year old ricer trying to drift in the lot :rolleyes: my god the hundreds of scenarios make me cringe just thinkin about it not to mention the fact that it could get stolen...how many of you would leave your car in a mall lot for 5 mins let alone a whole 6-8hr shift!! :eek: :mad:

i would never own a car that i wouldn't let sit in any parking lot.. someday, after i win the lottery, i will have a series of desirable cars that will be driven wherever i want to go with them.
they are just cars-if damaged they can be fixed. if stolen, they can be replaced.

i would never own a car that i wouldn't let sit in any parking lot.. someday, after i win the lottery, i will have a series of desirable cars that will be driven wherever i want to go with them.
they are just cars-if damaged they can be fixed. if stolen, they can be replaced.
You are honda civic material!!!! You should just buy a prius or something and a $50 starbucks latte and get it over with you need a bic lighter car like a grand am or a yugo Its a 1 of 547 20 year old car there wouldnt be any desireable cars left if we all thought like you they would all be patchwork bondo buggy hoopties or chopped and in junkyards :mad: Im glad you are what is known as a Dream King!!!(good luck with that win the lotto thing) :rolleyes: P.S. I got some ocean front property in idaho for sale if you wanna buy it....actually ill trade you for your t-type lol..:biggrin:

cars are built to be driven, not taking up space in a garage and only rolled out to either show other people your cool car or to transfer ownership to another investor collector. to let a car like a GNX just sit and collect dust seems wrong to me, and really kind of disrespectful to the people that dreamed up, designed, and built it.
but, hey, if you want to let a piece of American automotive history waste away from lack of use, it's your car. but don't judge someone else because they choose to actually enjoy theirs. if it bugs you so much, find the car and rescue it from this awful human being.

ya well its being left UNATTENDED IN A MALL PARKING LOT... ...it not to mention the fact that it could get stolen...how many of you would leave your car in a mall lot for 5 mins let alone a whole 6-8hr shift!!

I dont know where in the mall she parks but Roosevelt Field is a rather high end mall with ample parking and security. If I had to pick a mall to park at this would be the mall. I know it's still a mall but compared to the other cars there I'm sure the GNX doesnt get as much attention as youd think.

GOOD for her to be driving it!! who cares?? IT'S HER CAR :eek: and it gives someone a restoration project in years to come:cool:

she probably took it in a divorce just to pierce her ex's heart..he probably never drove it anywhere that could cause harm and then she decided I'll get that cheatin a-hole...I'll drive his baby into the ground...chicks can be cruel!

I just cant beleive as picky as most of the people on this board about their cars and what they will buy and what qualifies as a good buy theres been quite a few cars people were sayin were junk and comments like i cant beleive they tried to pass that off to someone on this board etc etc i looked at the car and thought it wasnt as bad as they made it sound...now its ok to leave the cars at the mall ?!!!! Dont get me wrong i refuse to own a garage trailer queen and ill drive anything i own and enjoy it.. but the general public reaks havoc on cars every day and black cars especially show everything scratches dents and as much work as it takes to keep a nice car nice rubbing sanding buffing i cant see leavin it to chance someone swingin their suv door open and dinging it or parkin too close and purses and buttons dragging across the paint a random shopping cart pushed by the wind into the side of it and thats ok but the second you find bondo from a repair the car is a piece of $hit and not worth $6000

my wife bought a new TTA in 89.. DROVE it into the ground!! RAIN, SLEET, SNOW !!! Ya the car had snow tires and skinny front tires . We bought the car as a DRIVER . It was a blast !! Raced it when it was 3 days old :eek: sold it in 2000 I think as a fixer upper :p Oh ..it was the best car I have ever owned as far as the fun factor was concerned!! :biggrin:

I dont know where in the mall she parks but Roosevelt Field is a rather high end mall with ample parking and security. If I had to pick a mall to park at this would be the mall. I know it's still a mall but compared to the other cars there I'm sure the GNX doesnt get as much attention as youd think.

Nah i would leave it in Green Acres :)

^^^someone, somewhere, is going to have a heart attack after reading this^^^

hahahaha.. guys were crying when I raced it in 89 .. They couldn't believe someone would do that to a NEW "3 day old" collector car :p Dammmm..that car took a beating!! Should seen the car in the snow!! It was a ball!!
We raced it everywhere at the time.. Drive 6 hours to Cecil County or Atco or E town for the Buicks events back in the "day":biggrin: some people like to look and polish there cars in the garage.. We DRIVE'M . Lookin at new Shelbys now to do the same with. BUT there are already a ton of them at the drags! I am glad they are USING them.