Daily abused GNX spotted

sounds like you need to move, maybe to somewhere that has people that respect other people's property and you don't have to live in fear of your car disappearing when you let it out of your sight for 10 minutes while you live yoru life.
oh, yeah- the weather there is awesome, so it's all worthwhile..

Oh I'd love to. I didn't chose to live here, this is where Uncle Sam put my wife and I.
Any larger city has the same problem though. You are just lucky you don't live in such a place. Sometimes it's impossible to avoid for people since that is where most jobs are at.
And if you think the car thieves sound bad here, let me tell you about the police....

Oh I'd love to. I didn't chose to live here, this is where Uncle Sam put my wife and I.
Any larger city has the same problem though. You are just lucky you don't live in such a place. Sometimes it's impossible to avoid for people since that is where most jobs are at.
And if you think the car thieves sound bad here, let me tell you about the police....
i'm not lucky i live here- i live here by choice.

You guys are too funny......
You guys would marry a super model and just look at her because you’d be afraid to damage her.

Wow....so fitting for this topic. I Don't think anyone could have said it better.
I bet all the guys saying shame on her for "driving it into the ground" as they say....(slang for enjoying it) wouldn't just stare at their supermodel wife.....they'd probably want to "drive her into the ground" as well.

Drive it enjoy it, but dont let it sit...

Sure, the cars are rare, collectible, and to some, cherished artifacts.

I bought my 113K GN and tucked it away... its not perfect.. but I wanted it... I do drive it and enjoy it when I do... but I'm not looking at it appreciating... I'm saving it for myself, when I can enjoy driving it...

Fortunately in Hawaii, TR thefts are NOT common...

So, I'll drive it, when I feel like it (like when my bike is in the shop) on a nice sunny day... I def dont want ti let it sit in the rain here and rot, hence the garage...

Soon I'll be in a place where I can actually drive it and enjoy it. :wink:

LOL @ all the people getting thier panties in a wad about some lady daily driving a GNX.

Its a freaking car people. its made to be driven. if I owned a GNX I would do the same.

Get over it, its hers and she can do what she wants with it.

Everybody certainly has a right to their opinon(s). Mine in this case is, hey.. Cars are meant to be driven. Sounds like this one is getting drvien a lot. And that's great. I would love to get my hands on a real X with some miles on it. Then I wouldn't feel "bad" about drivning it some more. :D

Perhaps an apple-orange comparison, but I had a Sonoma GT that was a one-year produced truck GM built 806 of. Mine was #042. I was the original owner and put 150k miles on the clock before selling it to get my Typhoon, which very few of were built. Drove the Ty daily. Then went into a 30th Anniversary T/A that was #1147 of 1600 built. Daily drove it for a few years and traded it for a 2002 Firehawk T/A that was #0222 of 1501. Sensing a pattern yet? In all these cases, I knew what I had and how many others were built. At the end of the day, these are built to drive. And some people like to daily drive limited edition stuff to stand out in a crowd. Hats off to them and keep on cruising! :cool:

IMO, if you spend your earned income on something..........you're free to do with it whatever you wish. No amount of naysaying will change that FACT.

gnx

im from the neighboorhood which side of the mall does she park it in i d like to keep tabs on it so i can buy it

a few years back i was in oshawa ontario canada (I live a few hours away) and i saw this women driving a gnx. it was totally messed up, the gnx symbol was cracked the headlight on the right side if i remember correctly was hanging out, and one of the mirrors was smashed off. and then of course the paint was cracked. i followed her into a parking lot and asked her if she'd be willing to part with it. she responded with this gem "I cant sell it, if i do my husband gets half" she took her husbands car in a divorce i suppose. most likely because she knew it would crush his soul. every time im down there i look for the damn thing again. never any luck though.

a few years back i was in oshawa ontario canada (I live a few hours away) and i saw this women driving a gnx. it was totally messed up, the gnx symbol was cracked the headlight on the right side if i remember correctly was hanging out, and one of the mirrors was smashed off. and then of course the paint was cracked. i followed her into a parking lot and asked her if she'd be willing to part with it. she responded with this gem "I cant sell it, if i do my husband gets half" she took her husbands car in a divorce i suppose. most likely because she knew it would crush his soul. every time im down there i look for the damn thing again. never any luck though.

hey... at least she enjoying it:rolleyes:

And people wonder y people dont get married as much now a days.. its like pullin the pin outta a granade glued to your hand and having to hold the handle the rest of your life, if you get divorced you let go early hopefully only ur arm gets blown off if you make it till you die old well then it dont matter if you let go cause ur dead already anyway :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Im happily married, But you can bet youll never see my wife with my GN at the mall!!!

I couldn't agree more with the attitude that cars should be driven, driven hard for that matter. I remember back in the 90's when these cars were fairly new every GNX that was for sale had less than 500 miles.

I don't have a GNX, but have been chewed out for not letting mine be a garage queen. I put a couple thousand miles on it every year while beating the living snot out of it!!!! Unlike other things in life, it puts a smile on my face!!!

She works at a mall. Maybe she's a true enthusiast and spent every last penny to get that car, and its now her only option for transportation. If I had to choose between driving a GNX daily and not having one at all, you could sure as hell bet that I'd be "driving it into the ground"

How about we get remarks and comments from guys who own GNXs. I updated / modified mine in 1999 as seen and documented in Hemmings, I like it that way. I comes out a couple times a year, other than that it sits up on lift. With many other desireable vehicles.

They will never appreciate the way the Hemi or Shelby's did, the appreciation is in owning one, doing what ever you desire with it. Passing along to the next owner, and letting them do what they want with it when they own it.

There is a guy in Saddle River who owns one that it is a daily driver. What else does he own, F50, Bugatti, Lambo, etc., it is a matter of scale and preference.

After all it was still produced by GM / Roger Smith in the 80's.

wow some of you people amaze me.you call urself car enthusiasts and then say this kind of stuff.the car is a collectible, and therefore should be treated as one.im not saying dont drive it, but as a daily driver just seems dumb.that old lady is ruining a piece of american automotive history:mad: now if u want to drive cars and have fun well hell im all for that.if ur going to spend that kind of money though why get a gnx and destroy it.for 20 grand u could buy or build a nasty street car that u can take to the strip, drive to work, leave in a mall parking lot, or even drive in the snow.lol heck buy a regular regal and clone it to a gnx if thats what u want ur car to look like.but dont ruin a collectible. and to whoever said u buy ur caddys and lexus(fake POS toyotas) and destroy them u made urself sound like a idiot, no offense.547 gnx's were made not thousands like todays current lexus and caddys.also show me a 22 year old stock cadillac, lexus, or anything like that, thats worth as much as even a decently taken care of GNX.ur comparing apples to oranges to make ur point, which didnt even make sense at all.

Its his /her car she can do with it what ever she wants .... I bought a 99 SS camaro new errr had help buying it in 99 the year i graduated. Its a 6 speed vert white on white like only 405 made that yr. It has 21k miles on it now. Why because it was my first new car. IF i had a driver GNX i would drive it. IF i had a show GNX i would show it. JMO