daily driver gnx

Aaron91RS

Just thought some people might find it funny there is a local guy around here who drive's his GNX around. It even has a trailer hitch installed on it so he can haul bikes. I've seen it drive through town like this.

On the other hand he does take it to shows and other then the hitch it looks as good as new.

Now there's an example of someone who knows what he has but still enjoys it. Rumored to have payed around 50K for it.

And before you ask I don't know the number of it.

Theres a guy where I live that drives his daily. When I went to talk to him about it, he saw me pull up in my car and he said it was not for sale.....He was kind of a ass.

only a GN story but, their was a middle aged lesbian in my city(had the rainbow sticker in the back window too) that drove it year round. needles to say livinging in the northeast,it was rotted to hell. i hate stupid people

You can see #139 driving around here in florida. I respect him for driving it, I would do the same if I could afford a real one. looks like driving my clone will have to do for now :biggrin:

There used to be a pretty beat up GNX around town. I looked it over a few times. The front and rear fillers were 90% gone, the body was beat up, interior was in bad shape, and I think it had well over 100k miles on it.

I respect those people who drive the GNx's. I think that it is stupid in my opinion to own such a wonderful car and not even drive it. I don't get much enjoyment in just looking at a car as I do driving it. But if you want to spend 50 grand+ on a car to just look at it, you might as well buy a picture and save your money. If I had the money to buy a GNx, I'd drive it around too, but not in the winter. I HATE rust!

Ryder4864 said:
I respect those people who drive the GNx's. I think that it is stupid in my opinion to own such a wonderful car and not even drive it. I don't get much enjoyment in just looking at a car as I do driving it. But if you want to spend 50 grand+ on a car to just look at it, you might as well buy a picture and save your money. If I had the money to buy a GNx, I'd drive it around too, but not in the winter. I HATE rust!
The problem is not wanting and willing to drive my GNX around, as it has almost 30,000 on in now. The thing I dislike about driving it is the people who approach the car with no regard to the owner. I had a guy open the door of my car when I was in the gas station paying for gas. He was harmless, as he just wanted to look inside, but that is what windows are for. You always have to worry about theft and the possiblity of a collision. I recall a story the former owner told me about the car. He was pulling out of a parking lot when a van pulled in front of him blocking him, another car blocking his rear. Four guys got out of the van and surrounded the car( I would have crapped myself by then, as this was in South Central L.A) Turned out they were really bid Turbo Buick fans that had never seen a real GNX and just wanted to take pictures of it. But as you can see, that story could have taken a totally different turn, as I probably would have tried to position the car to make a quick unsafe getaway.

GNX 233 said:
The problem is not wanting and willing to drive my GNX around, as it has almost 30,000 on in now. The thing I dislike about driving it is the people who approach the car with no regard to the owner. I had a guy open the door of my car when I was in the gas station paying for gas. He was harmless, as he just wanted to look inside, but that is what windows are for. You always have to worry about theft and the possiblity of a collision. I recall a story the former owner told me about the car. He was pulling out of a parking lot when a van pulled in front of him blocking him, another car blocking his rear. Four guys got out of the van and surrounded the car( I would have crapped myself by then, as this was in South Central L.A) Turned out they were really bid Turbo Buick fans that had never seen a real GNX and just wanted to take pictures of it. But as you can see, that story could have taken a totally different turn, as I probably would have tried to position the car to make a quick unsafe getaway.

Yeah, I understand the value of the cars and all the nut bags out there that would do anything just to have it. Even with you saying that you have 30,000 miles on it, thats awesome. I'm talking about these people who have like 10 miles on it and stuff.. the car was built for the road and they keep it in a garage so that they can every once in a while open the door and smell the new car smell. But you're right about that story. Even in my junker I would have dropped a deuce on my pants if that was me. I didn't mean that I would drive it around daily and leave it at the grocery store while I was inside or at a store for hours. But I think that the cars should see the road, they're worth nothing if they don't-- to me that is. However, its your money, your investment, you can do whatever you wish with it! I guess it's us guys that can't afford one that say they would drive it around. We'll see someday, when I own one!