Dakota Digital instructions are horrible!

IMG_5207.JPG
IMG_5207.JPG
IMG_5208.JPG
IMG_5209.JPG
IMG_5207.JPG
IMG_5208.JPG
IMG_5209.JPG
IMG_5208.JPG
IMG_5209.JPG
IMG_5209.JPG IMG_5208.JPG IMG_5207.JPG
IMG_5207.JPG
IMG_5208.JPG
IMG_5209.JPG
Progess update..As you can see I decided to mount the unit behind the cluster..There is room back there so that it doesnt have to be under the dash tie wrapped or dangling like a car alarm box...I also decide to solder the wires onto the main connector because I dont really feel like spending $65 on a plastic connector with a few wires on it! Im not cheap but to me $65 is ridiculous! I am going to order the field fix Nat86 mentioned...Im almost done I THINK! The only questions I have for you guys is the additional wires seen in the pictures..Do I need any of them? Also the light that is on? Is that considered the engine light or the alt light or both? I also need to know which wire is the Tach..Ive been going at this all day so maybe I missed something but Im not seeing it.

Ok I didn't use the light so take the bulb out. Are you running a lock up converter?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

No I dont even know what a lock up converter is! lol...The light I figured out is a engine light which shows on my dakota dash already since I wired it in off the old one with taping the ground. So I took the bulb out and I should be good to go. I am having a voltage problem, Seems when you take the dash out it does not allow the charging system to charge...I noticed on the on the diagram of the of the old cluster connection in the dash and by looking at the old cluster and following the following the path of current that the current seems to come from pin 1 and end up at pin 3..So I jumped them out for the heck of it and the voltage reading on the dakota shot up to near 14 when it was only 11 before with the battery dying..So I think Im on to something here....The bulb that is used for the volt light uses a resistor...Im thinking of soldering that resistor to pins one and 3...Do you think that will work?

I am trying to figure out how I connect that VSS pick up and buffer to the control unit on the dakota..Also figure out what wire behind the dash cluster that was originally the tach wire that connects to the dakota...

Ok, I just ran the green wire from behind the alternator to the tach screw on the dakota brain and nadda...Someone told me there is something else I have to put inbetween that wire? Anyone know exactly what part it is again?

Did you go into your settings on the Dakota Dash

Well it doesn't know if it's a V8 V6 or what I need to go into your settings that's what those two buttons were for number 1 and number 2

Give that a shot hopefully that'll work

I have a Dakota dash in my el Camino. I know I'm getting low on fuel when I hit a corner and the fuel percentage drops from 99% That means I have 5 gallons left...(n)

Well it doesn't know if it's a V8 V6 or what I need to go into your settings that's what those two buttons were for number 1 and number 2

Yeah I just did it..Put it on v6 and low 5 volts and nothing..Even tried 12 volts and still nadda..Someone had mentioned to me that there is another piece that may be needed..Ever hear of that? Something else inline between that green plug and the TACH connection on the dakota brain

Call up Dakota I'm sure that they have heard of this before

Anybody?
Call up Dakota I'm sure that they have heard of this before

I called them earlier and they said there is a additional piece that does between that green connector and the tach screw on the DD brain..It was a additional $34.95 with shipping...I also need to know where I should connect the boost sender under the hood....