You can type here any text you want

Dash Datalogger Help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNAT87

Just put the touch sceen dash datalogger in my car and cannot get my laptop to connect to it. It keeps saying it cant find the device drivers. Ive unistalled it 100 times, ive tried the cd that came with it along with the software off the fast website. Anyone else had this problem? Any help is appreciated as I was hoping to get it working today and fast has no techs working today.

One more thing, I got the retrofit harness to make the installation easier fast part # 301412. Put both pins in the blue xfi connector and it has two can plugs, do i plug both in to the main harness coming from the touch screen?

Thanks, Taylor

One more thing, I got the retrofit harness to make the installation easier fast part # 301412. Put both pins in the blue xfi connector and it has two can plugs, do i plug both in to the main harness coming from the touch screen?

Thanks, Taylor

Just plug one in and put the termination resistor in the other plug

I appreciate it Cal. Oh BTW the computer I'm working with has Vista which could be causing the problem

Despite which ones I plug in and the other I cap off I still select can A in the communications?

The dash logger will work with Vista. Use the supplied cable. But... dont use the stupid CD that came with it. Go to FUEL AIR SPARK TECHNOLOGY and download the dashlogger software.. install that.. and you'll see it works.

Remember to delete the CD version before downloading the FAST one. What happens is the driver that came in the CD wont work with Vista.. the one on FAST will. There is also a flash upade in the menu once you communiate. You'll love the device once you get it working.

Now.. if the logger doesnt talk with the XFi.. then its termination resistors, cables, software, etc.

Hope this helps.

Taylor, how are you installing the touchscreen into the car. I was considering putting in place of speedometer in dash, where is yours going??

Pics if you have any!!

Razor I got it to work on my dads XP but not on my vista. I tried uninstalling the cd and putting theirs on from the site and it still didnt work but ill get it figured out. Then it wouldnt communicate with the xfi but i enabled the can from the xfi and it works perfect. So far I love the thing, im impressed

Adam check my new thread in the turbo lounge and tell me what you think!

Sorry for the late response guys

I think the issue is the com port and driver for the Vista. Oce those are figured out.. you'll be fine.

I love how you can change the guages on the fly.

oh yeah last night I was changing all my gauges and kept going from analog to digital, I made a datalog without making a pull Ive been playing with it constantly;)

So whats called the knock on there is actually the retard* on the xfi, am I wrong here?

I have a 5 gauges in the car(coolant temp, oil press, boost, caspers knock, tach) I would like to thin those out to just the boost and oil press. Do you think thats a good idea?

Razor, have you seen the shift light on it yet? I set mine at 5600 but havent made a pass with it because of an ignition problem

Back