You can type here any text you want

Data Logging with FAST XFI

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbojimmy

Supporting Member
Hi all,

I currently have a stock ECM, DirectScan and an Innovate LC1. I have the LC1 set up to log boost, RPM, EGT, TPS and of course WB02. If I were to move to FAST XFI, can I log all of the things I care about without DirectScan and the LC1? It's nice to see boost, RPM, TPS, MPH, gear switch (3rd and 4th), TCC lockup, WB02, EGT, etc. I don't have all that in one place right now but I'm wondering if it's possible with FAST XFI.

Thanks,
Jim

Hi all,

I currently have a stock ECM, DirectScan and an Innovate LC1. I have the LC1 set up to log boost, RPM, EGT, TPS and of course WB02. If I were to move to FAST XFI, can I log all of the things I care about without DirectScan and the LC1? It's nice to see boost, RPM, TPS, MPH, gear switch (3rd and 4th), TCC lockup, WB02, EGT, etc. I don't have all that in one place right now but I'm wondering if it's possible with FAST XFI.

Thanks,
Jim

Jimmy, a Powerlogger would log all that as well.

Jimmy, a Powerlogger would log all that as well.

Thanks for the reply. I wanted to move to XFI for other reasons but I was wondering what I can get rid of in the way of logging hardware. I have an LC1 stuck to the dash and lug the laptop around for the DirectScan. If XFI will log everything that those things log w/out having a laptop in the car that would be great.

Jim

to log without the laptop in the car you need to have the internal data logger option.

In addition to the engine sensors, you can log driveshaft speed and up to 8 analog sensors (oil pressure, fuel pressure, etc...). If you buy the appropriate option, you can also log EGT's and Acceleration.

In addition to the engine sensors, you can log driveshaft speed and up to 8 analog sensors (oil pressure, fuel pressure, etc...). If you buy the appropriate option, you can also log EGT's and Acceleration.

Can I get MPH from the stock VSS or do I need the driveshaft pickup? I have an adapter for my EGT gauge that works with my LC1, I assume that I can use that for the XFI as well.

I really would like to be able to see MPH vs. RPM and TCC lockup to see how my TC is performing.

I see they have a traction control upgrade for XFI, too, which is interesting.

Thanks,
Jim

Can I get MPH from the stock VSS or do I need the driveshaft pickup? I have an adapter for my EGT gauge that works with my LC1, I assume that I can use that for the XFI as well.

I really would like to be able to see MPH vs. RPM and TCC lockup to see how my TC is performing.

I see they have a traction control upgrade for XFI, too, which is interesting.

Thanks,
Jim
Jim,you can log MPH from the stock VSS,Its not extremely accurate and will not work well with the ITC.
But welll enough for your convertor math.

Your EGT may or may not work depending on how it is setup.
It will need to have a 0-5 volt ouput to tie into the XFI.
F.A.S.T has their own module that runs thru a CAN BUS
that it may tie into.

Another plus..........

Jim, there is another option not advertised, if you purchase a FAST system from Cal, you also have access to tech support from Otto!:biggrin:

Jim, there is another option not advertised, if you purchase a FAST system from Cal, you also have access to tech support from Otto!:biggrin:

Bonus!

My EGT adapter out puts a 0-5V signal so I should be good there. If I were to consider the ITC I'd get the driveshaft pickup.

Thanks,
Jim

Where/what parameter in XFI is used for telling what gear the car is in?...if there is one I can't find it...I can see where it shifts by looking at the RPM but it doesn't specify what gear the car is in

The XFI does not have gear selection.
This would require an electrical switch on the
trans that would tell it which gear.But it does not
have the capabilty

The XFI does not have gear selection.
This would require an electrical switch on the
trans that would tell it which gear.But it does not
have the capabilty

There is an electrical switch on the trans that tells you what gear it's in, right? At least with the stock arrangement. I think it's a simple switch to ground that you can see in DS. Or, if it's 5V that would be even easier. Or I could rig up a 0-5V arrangement. Seems like a lot of work for such a simple thing though.

Jim

Those switched i believe only inform of 3rd and 4th gear to the stock ecm for lockup reasons.
You will see the shifts in RPM on the datalog and youll know what gear your in.

Those switched i believe only inform of 3rd and 4th gear to the stock ecm for lockup reasons.
You will see the shifts in RPM on the datalog and youll know what gear your in.

Sorry to pester you with questions but.....

If XFI is unaware of what gear the car is in, how does it know to only call for lockup in 3rd and 4th gear (like stock)?

Thanks,
Jim

Sorry to pester you with questions but.....

If XFI is unaware of what gear the car is in, how does it know to only call for lockup in 3rd and 4th gear (like stock)?

Thanks,
Jim
The XFI uses a MIN TPS,MAX TPS, and a MIN MPH for parameters

great posts. XFI is the next thing on my list. Just need to save up.

Back