Dave Huseks 3021 Torque Converter

Close, I work for a tier one supplier. MagnaPowertrain. Actually I'll only be off for 6 working days this year due to the fact that Christmas and New Years fall on a Saturday. I'm not a UAW employee and if my manager says so, I could end up with only two days off. That has never happened, but last year I did have to work a day or two between Christmas and New Years, no extra pay either. Eventually our company will take all but the Eve's, Xmas and New Year's Day. I've heard it's been coming for a while know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have Dave's 3021 in my car along with his rebuild (this past September). I live in the farthest NW part of the country and I shipped it to him through Fastenal. If you don't hit their truck transfer stations just right, it takes a little longer than expected. But, Dave's build is well worth it! I can't compare apples to apples on the difference as I went from a manual transbrake to no Tbrake and a PTC 9.5 to his spec'd 3021. The transbrake/PTC 9.5 version launched like a rocket (it should, it's a freakin' Tbrake!), but off the foot brake it's about .2 slower on the 60' and just feels "meh" in comparison. However, that 3021 couples like mad once out of the hole and my top end charge is awesome! I went from a fastest of 122mph to 131mph and my ET dropped to 10.70's from consistent 11.10's...even though my 60' slowed down. Incredible! If I can tune my 60' to 1.60, I can theoretically run 10.40's. I didn't change anything else between the rebuild.

Dave spent plenty of time on the phone with me planning the build, told me where to drop off the trans after sending me the shipping paperwork (it was close to my work), and called my as soon as he received it. Could not have been easier. We spoke several times during the teardown to let me know what was out of spec on the trans, so I learned stuff along the way too. He turned it around in time for me to make the last few race weekends of the year (read, fast turnaround!). Just plan on a few hundred miles of shifting break-in beforehand... I'm looking forward to some of his help next year tuning the car for those quicker 60' times...all over the phone. Can't say enough good things about Dave Husek!

I have Dave's 3021 in my car along with his rebuild (this past September). I live in the farthest NW part of the country and I shipped it to him through Fastenal. If you don't hit their truck transfer stations just right, it takes a little longer than expected. But, Dave's build is well worth it! I can't compare apples to apples on the difference as I went from a manual transbrake to no Tbrake and a PTC 9.5 to his spec'd 3021. The transbrake/PTC 9.5 version launched like a rocket (it should, it's a freakin' Tbrake!), but off the foot brake it's about .2 slower on the 60' and just feels "meh" in comparison. However, that 3021 couples like mad once out of the hole and my top end charge is awesome! I went from a fastest of 122mph to 131mph and my ET dropped to 10.70's from consistent 11.10's...even though my 60' slowed down. Incredible! If I can tune my 60' to 1.60, I can theoretically run 10.40's. I didn't change anything else between the rebuild.

Dave spent plenty of time on the phone with me planning the build, told me where to drop off the trans after sending me the shipping paperwork (it was close to my work), and called my as soon as he received it. Could not have been easier. We spoke several times during the teardown to let me know what was out of spec on the trans, so I learned stuff along the way too. He turned it around in time for me to make the last few race weekends of the year (read, fast turnaround!). Just plan on a few hundred miles of shifting break-in beforehand... I'm looking forward to some of his help next year tuning the car for those quicker 60' times...all over the phone. Can't say enough good things about Dave Husek!

Do you have a 2-step in you car ?? That could help those 60' times . Sam

Thanks for the info. I will be talking to Dave here very soon. I've talked with him before and he is a good guy. Spent considerable amount of time on the phone with me and I wasn't even purchasing anything from him.

So you're saying you picked up 9 mph with just a converter swap over the ptc ? How much is Dave's converter?

So you're saying you picked up 9 mph with just a converter swap over the ptc ? How much is Dave's converter?
Give David a call. I'm sure you will find it well worth your time to talk with him. He is a 2004r encyclopedia and will answer any questions you have.

Every converter has it's plus and minus. For a street/strip car the 3021 is nice. I got one when he first started selling and I'm happy with it. It could be a bit looser on the low end but I don't mind it since my car just gets street driven but the top end is night and day difference compared to the 10" I had prior.

I just got done installing daves standard build trans and his 3021 convertor and man what a difference it made in this car! I'm runnining a te44 turbo an this thing spools so quick its unreal. The driveability is very good and the top end charge is better than convertors been running before it just feels like a complete different car. I have ran vigilante convertors before and the 3021 has these beat by far. Dave is the man if you want an awesome torque convertor and transmission

Spent a considerable amount of time on the phone with Dave today. We talked about my engine build all the way down fuel pump and injectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got done installing daves standard build trans and his 3021 convertor and man what a difference it made in this car! I'm runnining a te44 turbo an this thing spools so quick its unreal. The driveability is very good and the top end charge is better than convertors been running before it just feels like a complete different car. I have ran vigilante convertors before and the 3021 has these beat by far. Dave is the man if you want an awesome torque convertor and transmission
My transmission goes out to Dave tomorrow for the same as you. Looking forward to seeing the improvement in the spring.