David Husek revived my tired 200-4r

fast NY Six

Anyone in need of help with their 200-4r call David Husek at Turbo Buick Performance. Mine had mushy shifts 1-2 2-3, so I planned on installing a shift kit. I talked to Dave first, he advised against a shift kit and to rebuild the unit instead. I had multiple things out of spec.. broken accumulator spring, warped drum, burnt clutches. I purchased his standard template rebuild, along with Dave’s 245 mm lock up torque converter and Hayden transcooler. Shifts flawlessly now, crisp every time. Dave answered the phone every time I called, and answered all the dumb questions I had. Dave’s a great guy and asset to the Buick community.

Last edited:
Anyone in need of help with their 200-4r call David Husek at Turbo Buick Performance. Mine had mushy shifts 1-2 2-3, so I planned on installing a shift kit. I talked to Dave first, he advised against a shift kit and to rebuild the unit instead. I had multiple things out of spec.. broken accumulator spring, warped drum, burnt clutches, no lock up. I purchased his standard template rebuild, along with Dave’s 245 mm lock up torque converter and Hayden transcooler. Shifts flawlessly now, crisp every time. Dave answered the phone every time I called, and answered all the dumb questions I had. Dave’s a great guy and asset to the Buick community.
That torque converter is the best thing he did for you. Because of that you won't have to wait 20 years to find out how slowly your car accelerates. If you would have bought a converter like one that many of us bought 20-25 years ago,you would discover that it slipped more and more as your engine produced more power. That isn't going to happen with your current converter.

Dave answered the phone every time I called, and answered all the dumb questions I had. Dave’s a great guy and asset to the Buick community.

+1. Same experience here. And when my TH200-4r is ready for a rebuild (coming soon) he's the guy I am calling just because of the great service and reputation.

That torque converter is the best thing he did for you. Because of that you won't have to wait 20 years to find out how slowly your car accelerates. If you would have bought a converter like one that many of us bought 20-25 years ago,you would discover that it slipped more and more as your engine produced more power. That isn't going to happen with your current converter.
This converter does compliment the ta49 very well. The first time this car has ever been to track was last week. I realize it's not blazing fast but I went 12.6 at 105mph. This was first time I've ever officially raced at a track. I smoked an IROC and a rice burner, so I was happy with that.. best 60' was 1.7 on 235 60 15 MT/ETss stock air cleaner, stock downpipe, stock exhaust, stock i/c with dutt neck. Dave's 2800 stall converter.

This converter does compliment the ta49 very well. The first time this car has ever been to track was last week. I realize it's not blazing fast but I went 12.6 at 105mph. This was first time I've ever officially raced at a track. I smoked an IROC and a rice burner, so I was happy with that.. best 60' was 1.7 on 235 60 15 MT/ETss stock air cleaner, stock downpipe, stock exhaust, stock i/c with dutt neck. Dave's 2800 stall converter.
Very Cool

you will be surprised of how much power is left in your car, a down pipe injectors, intercooler and alky will make it a beast.

you will be surprised of how much power is left in your car, a down pipe injectors, intercooler and alky will make it a beast.
Amen Scarab , I just went to a ta49 , 60lbs and a front mount and its amazing , I still have factory exhaust so we got a test pipe with a dump

Dave has my trans now and is doing the standard rebuild on it along with a 2800 and trans cooler. I can't wait to get it back and see how a proper converter feels. Someone put a "7" stamped converter in it when I got it. Stalled at something like 1800 rpm.

Yes I think a downpipe and intercooler is next. That was with alky but low timing. over 25 psi, I started to see a hint of knock on casper gauge.

Update on my Turbo Buick performance transmission. One year later and many track passes, my car still shifts perfectly. It still shifts the same as the first day of the rebuild. Highly recommended 2004r builder. Thanks David!