You can type here any text you want

Define 25 degree After TDC verus "0" TDC

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Well why didnt the factory in 1970 mark the 36BTDC on my Pontiac because that is how I set the timing , full advance.
Step one grab a hack saw
step two grab some tape
step three grab a tape measure i think it is one and 15/32nd
step 4 mark with tape and cut a groove
done
alway helping no problem

Wasn't a timing light with the advance just the greatest thing:D .......

Or a glass of water sitting on the air cleaner lid.......

I had the one that had the spring that fit the spark plug and the wire went on the other end of the spring also.

Than why say this?

and this

Isn't that EXACTLY what they did by starting this thread? Asked and try to learn? Not everybody has access to someone that knows these cars really well, and a LOT of the information on the internet that is real in depth and technical can be hard to read cold. So we come to forums, ask questions, and learn. It's all some people have.

And despite what some like to say..these cars ARE hard to work on when you are first starting out, and I would say for some time after that! Sure once you get used to things they get easier...but that is true for everything. Just like it is true that once you know something a person often forgets the difficulting it was to learn about it.
These cars are not that real hard to work on. You just have to be patient and do a lot of reading, viewing others problems and what info they got to fix it and so forth. This was the first car a learned how to work on. Just go to gnttype.org and you will learn alot. It has step by step procedures how do to damn near everything when comes to maintenance and swapping out parts cam, setting the timing, everything. Just go there and do your homework.

Well why didnt the factory in 1970 mark the 36BTDC on my Pontiac because that is how I set the timing , full advance.
Step one grab a hack saw
step two grab some tape
step three grab a tape measure i think it is one and 15/32nd
step 4 mark with tape and cut a groove
done
alway helping no problem

because 36BTDC isn't a factory engineered spec for the installation of anything on that car.. 25ATDC is a pretty important number on every TR that was built from late 83 to mid 87 and every TTA that was built for the 89 model year...

Lack of understanding about why: The chip doesn't even play into the ignition system until the car hits 600 RPM or greater. You can't program the offset into the chip. It's completely up to the CCCI to start the engine - injectors all pulse open at the same time during cranking as the feed-thru signal from the CAM sensor initiates fuel timing. THEN they go sequential.

So the short of it is, the 25 deg ATDC is essential for ignition startup timing.

These cars are not that real hard to work on....[snip]....Just go there and do your homework.

To you. And honestly to me...but I learned to drive in one and did a lot of the work for my Dad.....but others don't have the same experience. So they come to a website to learn. Reading and asking questions. Just like I do, because I sure don't know everything about these cars but am sure willing to learn.

Thanks to GNVenom, I learned something today.

Back