You can type here any text you want

DFI 6.0 problems with display

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

trading t/a

I'm Angry!!!!!
Can't get the program to run.

I'm running a dell 450mhz 128mb ram 40 gig hd. When I had Win 98 on the computer the program ran/displayed fine, but couldn't link up correctly. Port speed or something....

Now with XP on the computer when I run it, it looks like runny paint. All blurry can't distinguish a thing. I've tried all display settings and temperature settings. Anyone else have this prob? I also have it on my desktop running the same XP program and it looks fine it only happens on the laptop....

Any help would be appreciated....

Pete

Sorry to tell you , but its never going to work in xp. WIndows 98 it will work as long as your ports are set up correctly and you run calmap from DOS only. Make sure you use com 1 and the serial port is not disabled in the bios. WHat error are you getting error#68, echo mismatch?

I do not remember the code #, but yes it was an echo mismatch. How do you set up the port? My buddy runs his fine through XP and it runs fine on my desktop with an XP OS. Yes I'm running straight from Dos also.

Guess I gotta reinstall 98 uggghhhh!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Use FAT32 with XP

XP will work if the HD is formatted using FAT32. Then use a Windows Startup disk to run CALMAP.

that explains it, mine was set up ntfs

Back