You can type here any text you want

DFI Gen 7 Wideband ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Guerillah

What o2 sensor does the dfi gen 7 wideband unit use? I've heard a NTK, if so, is it the L1H1 that everyone uses in the DIY wideband kits? Does anyone know the minimum and maximum voltage the ecm is looking for to datalog and autotune with or anyone probed the o2 sensor with a voltmeter? Im interested in buying the gen 7 but dont want to have to buy their overly priced wideband option when mine does the same thing for a fraction of the price, especially if they are the same exact sensor and voltage output!

You may be able to use your sensor, but you'd be very inaccurate unless you also use the signal conditioner that is a part of the factory wideband package. If you are planning to tune it yourself, it would be money well spent to get the factory wideband. However, if you are going to pay a dealer to tune it, chances are that the dealer may have their own wideband that can be installed during the tuning process. Once the car is tuned, it can then be removed and replaced by a narrowband sensor.

Thanks. My wideband is very stable under boost. It is controlled by a box that controls the heater functions of it, etc. I don't see hwo they could differ if they are the same sensor. Anyone who bought the wideband, does it say l1h1 on the o2 sensor you bought?

Thanks,
David

If you want you can contact Lawrence Conley. He is a dealer for the Gen-7 system.

Call him after 05:00pm central time at there shop (281) 540-3278

He can supply the information you want I believe

Good Luck

My understanding of the gen 7 wbo option is that a translator box runs the wide band heater/ion pump. The translator takes the output of the sensor and converts/simulates a narrow ban signal which is then sent to the ECU on the narrow band o2 sensor circuit.

The sensor is the same NTK sensor as the DYI WBO2 sensor. I verified this when my buddy brought his new Gen 7 over and I compared sensors with my DYI sensor.

Dave

Back