You can type here any text you want

Dfi question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

wilkinshc

Some Throttle More Bottle
I am starting a coupe project with GN drivetrain and am considering use a Accel Dfi setup. My goal is to run 750 hp with an additional 200hp shot of nitrous. And be a 90% street-10% strip car. So street drivability is important.

1.Will this system be a stand alone setup? Ie do you need to still use the stock ecm also?

2. Do you still need a Direct Scan setup or will it provide the same monitoring?

3. I have been using the Turbo Six Tuner for a year or more and am comfortable with it, is the Gen 7 similiar in tuning?

Thanks for any help.

Chuck

1. DFI is a completely stand alone system. No stock ecm needed

2. Dfi has monitoring capability. You can record up to 6 different functions at a time but only for 15 seconds at a time. It also has a view screen that works like a scan tool. Shows all the readings at once but won't let you record in that screen.

3. Don't know anything about the Turbo 6 Tuner, but if you know much about tuning the dfi isn't that hard to use.

I forgot to add go to whiteracing.com . They have a link to accel . You can download a demo of calmap , the software for dfi. It's also a good site to browse.

Back