You can type here any text you want

Diamond pistons and scat rods

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87geeinn

Buick and AMG pilot
$500 shipped in the lower 48.

READ CAREFULLY

20-over Diamond pistons from Weber dating back to 2011. I don't know if the design has changed since then but this is a link to the same piston they currently offer. Pistons are hung on 4340 forged 5.97" Scat rods with ARP 8740 bolts. Here's a link to that same part. I don't think the design has changed over the years.

Full disclosure: These have about 20k miles total on them. They were re-used in a recent rebuild and the engine builder neglected to torque the #5 and #6 rod bolts down. Car threw #5 through the block at idle while I was attempting to diagnose the noise in my garage. That engine had 17 miles on it before it came back out of the car. #5 rod (and crank) was trashed. Engine builder supplied a new matching #5 rod and bolts to make the set whole. Everything appears functional and undamaged but I make no promises. I am not an engine builder so I don't know exactly what to look for other than obvious damage and that the pistons move freely on the pins.

Recommend upgrading to ARP 2000 bolts for extra strength and piece of mind. Price reflects the sketchy history. If other information, pics, or information is requested, please don't hesitate to ask.

pistons and rods.jpeg

Back