Diamond Pistons Rule!

CTX-SLPR

Howdy,

I know this is a shameless plug but I just got my Diamond custom pistons in yesterday, and man am I stoked! When I talked on the phone with them we speched out a set of 3.995" bore, 8.3:1 compression forged pistons. From this conversation I passed the info on to "Ohio" George who then ordered them, I was expecting a simple reverse dome dished piston..... man was I surprised when I got them in and they have a chamber matched profile with CNC matchined crowns and undersides and pin bosses that dwarf the best ones I've ever seen for the Turbo 6. man am I impressed. I've not gotten the bill for them yet but they said it was under $600. These things rule, if the rest of ya'll who are building 4.1's hurry you might be able to save and use the setup I had.

Just wanted to share some excitement,

If they perform as well as they look, that would be a better test. Please give us that information after you've put them through the paces. ;)

I have been using a set of Diamond forged pistons for my stock motor. I am really impressed with mine too. They also looked great and came with pins and a ring set for about $500.

I'm pretty happy with my stock pistons.........267,000 miles and counting.

GNracer...........10 TRs in Largo every Saturday nite. ;)

Originally posted by GNracer2000
I have been using a set of Diamond forged pistons for my stock motor. I am really impressed with mine too. They also looked great and came with pins and a ring set for about $500.

What clearances did you have set up for your diamonds? I have a set coming.

Originally posted by Red Regal T
I'm pretty happy with my stock pistons.........267,000 miles and counting.

GNracer...........10 TRs in Largo every Saturday nite. ;)

Thats great, but they will not fit in a 4.1 race application :rolleyes:

On the phone they are very helpfull, do not act like your bothering them like some other piston companys!

Originally posted by Cheeseburger
Thats great, but they will not fit in a 4.1 race application :rolleyes:

Thanks for the "expert" advice. Got any on how to buy a motor over the internet? :confused:

Red regal t..........just do not see any relevance of your posts in regards to the thread topic at all..........guess you just like to type!:D

cheese... what he is saying is that his Diamond pistons have worked for 267,000 miles. While his specific pistons wouldn't work for, me both used the same company. Please go squable in someone elses thread.

looked to me like he has 267,000 mile stock pistons, but i guess according to you they are Diamonds........
Sorry for being in your thread, Boss!

The shop where I had my motor built file fit the rings for me to what Diamond told them but I can't tell you what that was. I am also using 3.82" sized pitons since my block was bored out a bit to smooth out the cylinders.

Red Regal T I do know a lot of regals meet out in Largo on Saturday but I never have a chance to go down there. I am also the guy you met that one night at the Burger King on Dale Mabry back in June when I just got it back.

Originally posted by Cheeseburger
Red regal t..........just do not see any relevance of your posts in regards to the thread topic at all..........guess you just like to type!:D

It's not hard because I use more than one finger. ;)

Update! Pistons are in my pocession and pictures to follow. Ala Monster Garage
Build Tally:
Pistons: $490 for 6
Pins: $60
Rings: $120
Total Cost: $670

these things are so sweet!

I'm using Diamonds in my build also. Cotton is putting it together for me along with the eagle crank and oliver rods. Can't wait to get it back! :cool:

I've got custom diamond pistons, stock rods and an eagle crank. I'm hoping dead reliable upto about 550-600fwhp with alky!

fwhp? Is your car front wheel drive? I'm using a similar combo; I'm hoping to make as much power. I just got my Diamond pistons from Cotton yesterday. They look great and are way lighter than I thought they'd be. I think I'm going to get them coated before I throw the engine together.

EDIT: Engine for my Buick of course.