did chevy make any asa v6 engines?

NICKG

i have a line on 3 asa motors, but they guy says they are chevys, did they make a chevy v6?(i know about the 4.3 and 229 i mean like the stage 2) i always thought that the buick stage 2 was the gm corporate race piece, am i wrong>? maybe he is refering to the on center 6bolt main last style block? thanks ! nick :confused:

Chvey made/makes BowTie blocks. They're the Chevy equiv to a Stage 2 Buick block. They were used in ASA as well.

Watch out for the cranks if they are short stroke, I got burned with a semi even fire crank 3.25 stroke it fires at 132 and 108. Visually it looks like an even fire crank. Just my .02

Mike B

Re: but were they the same?

Originally posted by NICKG
the chevy and buick engines?

No, completely different. The only thing that they have in common is the fact that they're GM V6s. If you're looking to build a nasty Syclone/Typhoon though, you found the right motor to start with.

Good note about the Semi-Even fire cranks Mike. Chevy doesn't have a whole lot of true even fire cranks floating around, this might partly be because the 2.100 rod journal would make a split pin crank not as strong as a semi-even, but thats just my speculation. There are also Odd-Fire 150/90 cranks out as well, similiar to ours.

ASA Chevys

Almost all of the ASA chevy V-6 engines were odd fire and most were fairly short stroke and large bore. Some of the ones I've had have been like 4.155 by 3.400. I just delivered four of them to Colorado a month ago. The Sy Ty guys use them as odd fire with the Motec system. I still have one left if anybody is interested. Big buck engine when new. Jessel belt drive system etc. Ron

crap!

i finally stumble on to some good stuff and i cannot even use them! i could get them all for 1000! fudge! :mad: i swear that god hates me!

If they're BowTie blocks, and you can get 3 of them for 1000, then thats a steal. I'll trade you my OffCenterS2 block for the 3 BowTie blocks any day.

i will look into them more !

these are complete intake to pan motors(less carb) drysump motors, been sitting since they changed to v8's. the will most likely need freshing. but what good are they? even dirt doen't use them anymore?

Guys let me get this straight....

Chevy makes the BowTie blocks as V6s?? I was under the impression that all the BowTie blocks they made were V8s like the one Lawrence Conley uses in his Tweaked II twin turbo Camaro that runs mid 6's @215+mph and makes 2200hp:confused: Also I'm guessing these BowTie V6s are 4.3s??
Please give me some more info if at all possible!
TIA:)

Re: Guys let me get this straight....

Originally posted by 86brick
Chevy makes the BowTie blocks as V6s?? I was under the impression that all the BowTie blocks they made were V8s like the one Lawrence Conley uses in his Tweaked II twin turbo Camaro that runs mid 6's @215+mph and makes 2200hp:confused: Also I'm guessing these BowTie V6s are 4.3s??
Please give me some more info if at all possible!
TIA:)

They make BigBlock BowTie blocks, SmallBlock BowTie Blocks, and even 4.3 V6 BowTie blocks... Alum, Iron...

Re: i will look into them more !

Originally posted by NICKG
these are complete intake to pan motors(less carb) drysump motors, been sitting since they changed to v8's. the will most likely need freshing. but what good are they? even dirt doen't use them anymore?

What good are they? How about 625HP and 700LBS of torque on 10PSI @ 6000RPMS with 18 degree heads, FAST, and T76. Granted this is with lower compression of 8.5:1 but switch to a T88 running 25PSI and 7500RPMS and I'm betting your making over 900HP and 1,000LBS of torque! Once you get the Oddfires running right they are wicked little motors especially with a nice set of heads/cam and a nice turbo.

Ryan
'92 Ty
11.60 @ 125 w/2.1 sixty

i am working on sealing up this deal

i will let everyone who emailed me know when i have have this done