Did you guys see this? New NHRA T-Top rules!

NHRA is going to loose a ton of money over this one. It was nearly impossible to buy an LS1 F-body without T-tops.

Also, what about non Z06 corvettes, RT/10's and Supra's. If T-tops are considered a convertible, Targa tops have to be considered convertibles, too.

Start E-mailing other meassge boards and tell them they are next.

Someone raised a good point in that thread.
The NHRA is making it harder and harder for street cars to race at the track. I know they are supposed to make safety the first priority, but some of the rules are just plain stupid.
I raise the point of safety that most auto manufacturers have incorporated into their cars. A 13 second late model car is a heck of a lot safer than a 13 second 30 year old car. A roll bar on a 13 second convertible is plain stupid, but doing the same on a t top or targa roof. I dont know about these guys.
Years ago they used to preach to the media how racing at the track was a great way to keep people from racing on the streets.
But making guys go out and spend another $5k on equiptment will DEFINITELY make street racing more appealing as more and more cars are turned away.
The sad thing is, there is no boycott or retribution anyone can do to the NHRA. They have gotten so huge that they could probably careless if spectators and the street guys show up. Its pretty sad. Reminds me of the saying "they have risen to the level of their incompetence."
It just seems like there are guys sitting around thinking of what rules they can change just for the sake of change and not for improvements. Well, atleast there are still some IHRA tracks within driving distance.

Originally posted by GNVAIR
Well, atleast there are still some IHRA tracks within driving distance.

Where????? I thought all the tracks around here were NHRA

Street racing WILL increase in huge numbers with these new rules. Hell, I'm at the point right now of not messing with the GTA, I wanted 12.0's so I didn't have to cage the car..I WILL NOT cage my GTA...this is ridiculous...13 second cars do NOT need this crap....

The sad thing is, there is no boycott or retribution anyone can do to the NHRA. They have gotten so huge that they could probably careless if spectators and the street guys show up. Its pretty sad. Reminds me of the saying "they have risen to the level of their incompetence."

Nothing is too big that boycott can't hurt it. SEMA and NHRA are like blood brothers. Make it known to Any SEMA affiliated vendor you are pissed about the "T-top rule" and you are going to stay away from NHRA tracks because of it. Get a buzz going before this years SEMA show in October and NHRA might get out of 1950 and enter the new millenium :rolleyes:.

If you see anyone related to NHRA like buick owner Dave McClelland, tell him you are pissed.

If they think a bunch of 14 seconds hondas are the key to their future, I have a hard lesson in reality for them.

Originally posted by fly89gta
Where????? I thought all the tracks around here were NHRA

Cecil County in Maryland which is approx an hour drive from me and Island Dragway in Great Meadow, New Jersey which is approx and 1 and a half from me.

Geez, this is like another nail in the coffin for late model F body owners that like to take their cars to the track. Hopefully the tracks will enforce these rules as loose as they do some of the others.

Cecil County in Maryland which is approx an hour drive from me and Island Dragway in Great Meadow, New Jersey which is approx and 1 and a half from me.

Cool, I didn't know Cecil wasn't NHRA...that works. Island Dragway is freakin ghetto, I'd rather go to Cecil :)

Roll bar for T-tops now!!:mad: So much for my car seeing more track time...ever. If i'm lucky maybe i could get ONE run in. :rolleyes:

Well, this bites. I am not going to put a roll bar in my 13.0x 97 WS6. So much for have a street car that I can take to the strip. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

My C5's targa has a hard top as well as a glass roof. I'm sure the glass roof will be considered open cock pit.

Originally posted by fly89gta
Cool, I didn't know Cecil wasn't NHRA...that works. Island Dragway is freakin ghetto, I'd rather go to Cecil :)

cecil isnt a ihra track

if it was why would they hold the division 1 nats there :confused:

and on there web site it says nhhra all over the place not "ihra"

hth
jim

Originally posted by ttypewe4jim
cecil isnt a ihra track

hth
jim

I was under the impression it was as a lot of the locals make the trip down there since they are supposedly more relaxed about roll bars. I was told it is because they are an IHRA track.
So I stand corrected.

Originally posted by ttypewe4jim
cecil isnt a ihra track

hth
jim

just going by what I read from GNVAIR, ah well..who cares the rules was bogus anyway...carry on about your daily business lol