Digital dash not working now

jehenke

After installing the BBC in my GN, the digital dash hasnt worked. It did work before the swap. One problem is the project took so long, we wound up using and engine harness from an Elky. I have all Autometer gauges, but would like it to work, one, because it is cool and two, I still used the speedo and fuel level gauge.

Any ideas? Checked all fuses and grounds. Seems to be ok. Is there a broken loop in the harness now, between changing and dumping the ecm harness?

Contact Caspers Electronics,( John Spina) he is a wizzard. He can tell you how to make your harness work if it is possible.

Bryan

John from Casper's hooked me up. All the dash needed was to be grounded. There's a ground for the dash at the C437 connector. That connector was near the ECM and has 13 wires in it. The black with white stripe needs to be grounded, and the dash should work after that.

Actually, on my car there wasnt one but 2 connectors totaling 13 wires. My car originally had an analog dash. Dont know if that made it different, but I grounded the black with white stripe wire and all is good.

Thanks for your time John.

I also e mailed John at Casper'swith a digital dash problem and he took care of me.Just a nice guy!!!