You can type here any text you want

Digital dash questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ttaowner

Does anyone know how to power up a digital dash and test it not in a car? I bought a parts car without the engine and tranny or engine harness in it and can't really sell the gauge cluster with confidence without knowING if it works.the parts car also came with a 2nd cluster in the dash from the parts car the guy had. Im not very good with electrical stuff so any help is appreciated

Caspers would be the only place that I can think of that has a way to power up and test the digital dash. Send it to him for a clean bill of health...it will make it sell much faster. Also have the 199 mph upgrade done while it is there.
If the individual displays are not milky looking you have won half of the battle. If the reset knob is wobbly/broken they are no longer available.

Bryan

David Steeves is his name. Looking for GN console, under dash covers, bushing for column shifter lock bracket that attaches to frame, speaker harness and power harness for radio. Has already talked to you.

James, send them my way, and I'll get them going 100%. The power supplies on these routinely crap out, so it'd be a good thing to have them certified.

Plus, I add the field fix to the flex boards on every repair and upgrade.

James, send them my way, and I'll get them going 100%. The power supplies on these routinely crap out, so it'd be a good thing to have them certified.

Plus, I add the field fix to the flex boards on every repair and upgrade.

I'm just looking to sell these so what would testing cost me ? And if what normally breaks what would that cost me. The trip didn't seem loose on either 1
20150815_170414.jpg

If either 1 of the 3 cars that i have with digital dash were in running condition I would just swap them in for testing that way.

If I can build one good one out of both, with all the upgrades, I can trade even. zero cost.

Or we can trade for other stuff.

When you ship them, be sure to put something over the reset knob and use a large box full of packing peanuts. I have seen many that were improperly shipped, where the reset knob has been hit. This usually cracks the trip odometer segment and the bezel, making the dash useless.

I have also seen many where the trip shaft breaks the switch tab, and the knob rotates freely. This usually causes the driver to push too hard, breaking the trip odometer. Gotta be careful with these dashes.

Back