You can type here any text you want

Digital Speedometer Cluster

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Hello John,

I put the digital dash off and found the the switch. I should be easy to solder some cables to the right contacts and put another switch on. But there is another problem. As you described in your dash cluster manual the three resistors on the display pc board got very hot. The resistors changed their colors, so I can't say exactly what colors the stripes on them are. Do you know what resistance they have?

Thanks
Thomas

The one that gets the hottest (middle one) is 91 ohms, 2 watt wirewound. The others are 110 ohms, 2 watt, wirewound. Switch is wired like this:

switch_assembly.jpg

Hello John,

Today I changed the digital dash chip from stock to 199 mph. After the change it looks like the photos below. What did I wrong? Any help appreciated.
Thanks

Thomas
PICT8334.JPG
PICT8332.JPG

To quote Scooby Doo..."ruh roh"

I just sent a dash in last week doing the same thing. That's what they look like when they fail. Good luck.

When you get intermittent digits, it's usually a problem with one or more ICs on the display board. If the intermittent segments change at odd patterns, it may be an issue with one of the ICs on the processor board.

Send me the boards and I'll take a look. It looks like the processor went it properly, although you might want to take a good look at the solder flow...might not have made it thru the board. Were there any traces that lifted off and stuck to the pins on the original processor?

I have a very nice complete digital dash if you end up needing to get another unit.

Bryan

Hello John,

all pins went thru and I didn't see any traces went off. I will check with Bryan and his cluster. Maybe it is easier when you get this one for checking and confirming.
I will let you know.

Thomas

Hello John,

I will put my digital unit into a box and send it to you. You may find the electric worm. Any special address I have to send it?
Thomas

Send to:
Caspers Electronics Inc.
5840 Byrd Dr.
Loveland, Colorado 80538
USA

Hello John,

digital unit shipped out yesterday. Should reach you at the end of next week.

Have a nice weekend
Thomas

Back