Directscan maf log - opinions wanted

slipstick

Please have a look at the attached scope log pic of a 1/4 mile run I made last weekend. Notice the up and down spikes in the maf display at the bottom of the screen. I have noticed these spikes in other logs. However, most logs have only 2 to 4 up and down spikes. Most street blasts (up to approx. 80-90 mph) do not show spikes in the log. Each up or down spike is only 1 frame in duration (from 18 frames/sec recording speed) and is consistant in magnitude I think this may be an anomaly in the data recording equipment rather than real data. Have any of you guys seen this type of condition in your Directscan maf scope display?

Attachments

• IMG_1772.jpg
    IMG_1772.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 87
classic "MAF Dropout" its a shortcoming of the GN ECM.

It looks like your chip is handling it properly though (no dropouts seen on LV8).

Bob

A little too late to this thread, but Bob hit the nail right on the head (he's the expert after all).

Your Extender chip is handling those maf dropouts. If it weren't you'd see a bunch of them in the LV8 trace also.

Thanks very much for all replies and especially thanks to Bob and Dave for explaining a cause for the maf spikes. It seems I have one less thing to worry about now.