You can type here any text you want

DLS oil pump preasure?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87-TURBO-T

curious to see who is running the DLS pump, and what kind of preasure are you running at hot idle? thanks

The pump is not going to be what regulates the pressure at hot idle.

guess what I mean to say is it has 25-30 psi hot, step on the gas goes to 90psi. Is it too much? It does have an adjuster on it.

My engine is usually 15 psi with well seasoned hot oil. Is that new oil? I'd be afraid of how much extra stress is possibly being put on the cam gear. I had my dls pump adjusted to about 70 psi or so at 6k. Once I had it high and it may have been one of the causes of my key to break on the cam (I'm running a billet cam with the Danny b retention plate.)

guess what I mean to say is it has 25-30 psi hot, step on the gas goes to 90psi. Is it too much? It does have an adjuster on it.
Id want around 12-15psi per 1k rpm.

ran val vr1 20-50 in mine at start up up to 80psi warm up for a few min. then 15-17 at idle 850 rpms and would go up to 65-70 psi at about 4500-5000rpm

I have a hot idle of 20-25psi with 5w20 oil in. All seems well but the max at wot is like 70. I had to play with the springs to get the max where I wanted.
You may have to change the spring on the front cover also to reduce your max psi. You should also check it with another gauge to verify the same readings.

Back