You can type here any text you want

Do I still need airbags in my rear springs with my new setup?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BuickMike

Money pit
I always had Air lift bags in my car on the stock rear suspension / springs. I omitted them with my new setup, but was wondering if there would be any benefit to putting them back in? I now have:

SPC Springs, Bilstein HD shocks, Boxed rear lowers with HR bushings, home made pro touring bar (S10 rear swaybar) Baseline Suspensions rear upper control arms mounted in the middle hole.

Obviously the car is setup more for handling than drag, but I'd still like to hook a little. I haven't really had any track time with this setup, so I have no idea how it launches. I have Toyo Proxes DR's 275/405/16's. Great street DR, but I'm sure they will need help to hook at the track.

When you take it to a track try to get 2 people to video it at the light Mike. One from the back and one from the side. You can also adjust the S-10 bar by using washers as shims on the end links to load the bar just like one of the pro touring bars. A bag may help but having the suspension set up right should take care of it.;)

When you take it to a track try to get 2 people to video it at the light Mike. One from the back and one from the side. You can also adjust the S-10 bar by using washers as shims on the end links to load the bar just like one of the pro touring bars. A bag may help but having the suspension set up right should take care of it.;)

Thanks Charlie. Since we're on the topic of the S10 bar, what is your recommendation for endlink length? Mine are really long, but that's because I wanted the part of the bars that face forward to be close to parallel to the ground. What is the impact of angling those downward or upward?

My big shortcoming here as far as drag goes is the springs / shocks. The front end does not come up at all. Of course the primary goal on this build was handling and having a ride that feels like a touring car. I have accomplished that pretty well, however I'd like to have my cake and eat it too. :)

Thanks Charlie. Since we're on the topic of the S10 bar, what is your recommendation for endlink length? Mine are really long, but that's because I wanted the part of the bars that face forward to be close to parallel to the ground. What is the impact of angling those downward or upward.

Shorter links will cause a stiffer/faster reaction and longer will slow the reaction, but it's better to have the bar parallel on the front and the rear Mike. It gives the best overall handling. With the car not transferring weight you really need to get it on a set of scales and see where the weight is sitting. I think it will surprise you when you find out how nose heavy the car is.;)

Back