You can type here any text you want

Do these headers look good? (Pics Included)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

83turbomon

Starvin Like Marvin...
A member on this board want to sell me some 83 turbo headers and I wanted to know if these look good to you guys...

Attachments

• SANY0546.jpg
    SANY0546.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 264
  • SANY0547.jpg
    SANY0547.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 278
  • SANY0548.jpg
    SANY0548.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 260
  • SANY0549.jpg
    SANY0549.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 282
Yep look good to me. Look like HA headers but the '83 t-type had tubular headers too.

they look good. if you dont want them tell me because i might want to get them.

You need to take the sheild of and check for cracks, but other wise they look good.

They will fit any 79 and up engine Dan.

As far as removing the sheild, their aer some spot welds that hold the sheild on. That's all.

can i have your old headers 83turbo? i want to see if i can fix them. post some pics of the old ones. I always love a challenge. :tongue:

can i have your old headers 83turbo? i want to see if i can fix them. post some pics of the old ones. I always love a challenge. :tongue:
I dont even think thier even from a v6... I think they are from a V8 that were just hacked up, I have a cell phone vid of them, but its horrible, and I dont know how to upload it onto the computer.

CLR rust or sandblast

will clr remove all of the rust? I want them looking shiny. I can also have them sandblasted as well.

dont even think thier even from a v6... I think they are from a V8 that were just hacked up, I have a cell phone vid of them, but its horrible, and I dont know how to upload it onto the computer.
i really want to see them o well. do you have a digital camera? i love a challenge. just sand blast the headers and paint them with header paint.

careful with the CLR... I had a manifold that dissapeared after a night in CLR.

A.j.

Now that's just funny Aj.:biggrin: Sounds like one of my friends in college. He was cleaning a carb in purple power when one of his buds came over with a 12 pack. He left the the carb and started drinking. Next morning he woke up with a hangover and no carb.:eek::biggrin: Totally disolved it since it was immersed completely.:eek:

Now that's just funny Aj.:biggrin: Sounds like one of my friends in college. He was cleaning a carb in purple power when one of his buds came over with a 12 pack. He left the the carb and started drinking. Next morning he woke up with a hangover and no carb.:eek::biggrin: Totally disolved it since it was immersed completely.:eek:

that's scary:eek:

just dip it quickly?

well let it sit in the solution for a good 6 to 12 hours, but dont forget about it for days.

I know alot of guys that like to just let stuff soak for days in the parts washer. just forget about it thinking the extra long soak will magicly remove all the grime without scrubbing.

:biggrin:A.j.

They will fit any 79 and up engine Dan.

As far as removing the sheild, their aer some spot welds that hold the sheild on. That's all.

Was wondering if one was to upgrade to a 83 headers and down pipe set up from a 1980 set up what kind of increase would you be looking at and would that be a direct swap or is there some weilding involed?.Also want to mention the great advice i have learned through all of you in thre b4b section here on Turbo Buick! im a newb in training

Was wondering if one was to upgrade to a 83 headers and down pipe set up from a 1980 set up what kind of increase would you be looking at and would that be a direct swap or is there some weilding involed?.Also want to mention the great advice i have learned through all of you in thre b4b section here on Turbo Buick! im a newb in training
I'm glad your learning something. if you stay around for a while you will learn a ton more.

Back