You can type here any text you want

Do these headers look good? (Pics Included)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Was wondering if one was to upgrade to a 83 headers and down pipe set up from a 1980 set up what kind of increase would you be looking at and would that be a direct swap or is there some weilding involed?.Also want to mention the great advice i have learned through all of you in thre b4b section here on Turbo Buick! im a newb in training

The later headers will help with flow and spool the turbo better, but there can be a drawback. The tubular headers can crack where the cast ones usually won't.

The later headers will help with flow and spool the turbo better, but there can be a drawback. The tubular headers can crack where the cast ones usually won't.

I've had the old cast crack just as bad as tubular

I've had the old cast crack just as bad as tubular

I have seen the smaller 81/82 cast manifolds crack (only the drivers' side), but not the larger 79/80 manifolds. The tube headers are the most likely to crack at the welds in my opinion.

I'm using 1980 cast manifolds on my next motor.

Hmm I think im spooling up ok but with the better flowing headers it would spool up faster?, im curently getting 9psi but does seem a little slugish out of the hole. The cracking of tubular headers sounds like something id rather stay away.

I have seen the smaller 81/82 cast manifolds crack (only the drivers' side), but not the larger 79/80 manifolds. The tube headers are the most likely to crack at the welds in my opinion.

I have the larger 1980 manifold on my car now but id better leave it alone and spend the money else where like getting the ECM back in order:frown:

Mine was a 79:eek:

Back