You can type here any text you want

Do you sell your stock parts

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sal Lubrano

I have upgraded a few parts on my car and would like to know what other people are doing. I have my stock turbo, air condition compressor, stock intercooler, stock lower control arms, air box, injectors, regulator, and more which I have upgraded. Do you sell your stuff off or do you keep it. Don't really "need" the money but more never hurts.

Depends on you

I save all my parts. Each is labeled and bagged and put in shed. That way some day far from now, I will have all the parts to restore back to stock. However, if you do not intend to keep car, I mean for life, then sell the parts. I will most likely have more than one, so parts are very important to me. Someday my daughter will want a stock verision and I will have the parts to do so.

DAve

depends what you plan on doing...does it have under 30k on it?keeping parts never hurts for sure..some day they may be worth good money for someone wanting to restore to factory,but by then there may be more companys making more close to nos stuff...i sold my stuff i too dont need the money,but too much stuff around here with too many cars = not enough room..i know this dont help you :confused:..the guy i got it from had all the stock stuff including the factory wore-out locks and every sensor.all the rear suspension and the front suspension and exhaust...i threw out alot of stuff and sold the rest...new looks nice old is just getting older and rustier imo...

No

I've kept every stock part off the car except maintenance items like spark plugs and filters.

If I was the next guy, I would want them. Therefore, I'm keeping them.

I kept everything off of my car thinking if I sold it I would return it back to stock...well, as mentioned eariler, it takes a lot of room to keep all those parts with 6 cars, and the GN would be the last to go, so I finally parted ways and sold off alot of stuff, still have the orig turbo, IC, and manifolds, but sold off most of the other stuff.

I've kept everything except the original fuel pressure regulator. I think most of the stock parts are near worthless, but if these cars ever become truely collectable, a stock working GM MAF will probably go for over $500.

Sal Lubrano said:
I have upgraded a few parts on my car and would like to know what other people are doing. I have my stock turbo, air condition compressor, stock intercooler, stock lower control arms, air box, injectors, regulator, and more which I have upgraded. Do you sell your stuff off or do you keep it. Don't really "need" the money but more never hurts.

Do you want to sell the turbo, intercooler and air box? If so I'm interested in purchasing them.

I've always kept all of the original parts also. Somehow it never seemed right for the car and its' original parts to be separated. I can't believe the amount of stuff you can accumulate between a couple of cars though!

Back