Dodge Challenger

first of all you say no body liked them but its simply not true....if people liked the shaker that much more people would have ordered them. second of all lets not treat the powerbulge like it was a run of the mill thing. it was for performance models. there were plenty of flat hooded 70 challengers running around. the power buldge actaully mean you had something.. to me the skaker looks better on the cuda and was more of a thing associated with cudas,, i think the other hood for the cuda is the one the looks like crap. third, you cant speak in generalities like "any true mopar guy" i certainly dont have any e body envy. There is not just a six BARREL hood on my car its under the hood too. but one of my dream cars is a 70 challenger and i've built the ultimate stock one in my head many times.. 70 challenger R/T 440 six pack, auto, plum crazy, white interior, white side stripe, magnum 500s, super trac pack, T/A style spoiler, flip up gas cap, power bulge hood with the 71 stlye r/t decal on the scoop. i could go for either exhaust (standard or T/A style)

The power bulge WAS the run of the mill thing it was the base r/t hood if you couldn't get a shaker then you got the run of the mill power bulge,it was what people settled for if they couldn't afford the shaker or once the shaker was cancelled that was all you could get.
Many more people did order the shaker but finally gave up on them,they were cancelled,+ restarted 3 different times,
people ordered them on their cars,then were told there would be a delay,then a while later they were told,they were discontinued,+ that they either had to settle for the non ramair (Base r/t hood power bulge hood) or buy a cuda if they wanted a shaker,lots of people just gave up right then, + either bought the cuda or took the power bulge,but some held on + they later came back again + said ok,we got the bugs worked out + now we can build the shaker hood cars,
only for it to happen a 3rd time,It was cancelled again, + by then most people had just given up.
My green one in that pic was built the first day of actual shaker production because he had ordered the car early 1969, + each time they contacted him he told them to leave his order in ,because he wanted the shaker + if he couldn't get it he didn't want the car,that car was built the morning of april 15 of 70,(First day of shaker production)I believe that was actually the first production shaker challenger built,just to give you an idea how late that is in the build yr,the new 2012 mustangs,were already out by april of 2011.Thats why there wern't many shakers built not because they wern't popular.
Just out of curiosity ,do you think the ramair on your gs is a gimmick as you said the shaker was in a previous post, + you would rather have the basic skylark hood without the ramair.
I'm just curious is your rr an original m code car ?
i'm asking because you are talking about cobbling together a challenger with this + that,with no concern for originality or taste,combining 70 + 71 stuff + t/a + r/t parts,so i'm just wondering if the car you have advertised on your list of cars is actually an original m-code 6-pack car, or just a satellite or originally a 383 car with a bunch of parts added. which would go a long way to explain your thoughts on the shaker.i've owned 3 of the m-code cars ,2 rr's + a super bee + they are great cars but there are alot of "Tribute Cars" out there.
I'm sorry but what you are saying is just too odd to argue about any more, as i said before no true mopar guy is going to take the base hood, over the shaker,There is a reason a shaker car is worth tens of thousands more, + its not because its a gimick,or just because it's rarer,it is much rarer,because of the reason i stated,but bench seats in cuda's are rare too but nobody says ,oh man i want that bench seat cuda,or pays big money more for it because its rarer. It's the thought + feel of owning the nicest looking ,rarest + best performing setup.
If my car didn't have that shaker i never would have looked for it for 16 yrs after the first time i sold it,It would have just been another one of the muscle cars i've owned over the yrs + it sure wouldn't have sold what it sold for each time since + I Guarantee It would not be in the incredible E-body collection it's in now if it was just a power bulge car.
Ps ,when they redid the hood for the new ones, they made the raised t'd out part narrower at the back + the same rear t area area doesn't come as far forward as the original,which cured the bulky look of the original + even tho the new car is actually bigger, the new smaller raised area looks dimensionally correct,where the original just never looked right.

The choice of the three current muscle cars depends entirely upon what you plan to do with it. Lots of online comparisons. That said, my wife has a '10 challenger R/T classic with the auto and we love it. It is the perfect car for what we wanted. We won't be drag racing the damn thing, we wanted a cool cruiser, adequately powered, with looks that kill, the most room and best highway ride. The R/T classic fits. It is the biggest of them all, the challenger (LC) is a shortened LX (charger/300/magnum) chassis. Big and comfy and roomy, can hold car seats in the back if necessary. Also it was her color :)

Biggest advantage of the camaro is the availabilty and cost of performance parts, with the LS motor. Biggest advantage of the mustang is what the mustang has always been: Fastest out of the box per dollar spent. Plenty of challengers going fast but you will spend more money to do it if drag racing is your thing. Of course, if drag racing is your thing then none of these new heavy ass cars with IRS in the back are what you want anyway IMO. G body FTW! The other two especially the mustang will handle better in the twists. Everybody called the challenger a fat pig when it was built but when the camaro hit the streets it was only slightly lighter. About the equivalent of having a passenger in it if I recall correctly.

Only complaint we have is backing the damn thing up. No rear visibility but that is another problem they all seem to have. Remember that it's easier to make a slower car go fast than it is to make a sh!tbox into a nicer car. But then again some people aren't planning on cross country trips like we are. Buy what suits your needs. To answer your original question: Yes we have an R/T and yes we are very happy with it.

Yup, this is exactly what I am looking for. A nice comfy ride with a little power, that I will like driving for the next 20 years. Thank you.

Yup, this is exactly what I am looking for. A nice comfy ride with a little power, that I will like driving for the next 20 years. Thank you.

OOPS !!! Sorry, i just realized,i was involved in a Highjacking, of your thread.:redface:

All that is left is the color + options,but thats the fun part.
Put up some pics when you get it.Good luck.

i can understand the originality thing, my hurst olds is original down to the oil filter but i was talking about a "dream" challenger, taking the parts i like from all them and putting it on one car.

the air intake on the GS is more functional than that of a shaker hood, the seal that is around the opening of the shaker cut out deflects air over the shaker. the GS system is run on vacum and its suckin air into the scoops.

im not here to argue with a "true mopar guy" that has the mentality of a porsche owner. But my car was a b5 blue 383 4speed Road runner. It was restored in in 1982. The motor is a true 69 M-code correct with original carbs and the 69 only Edlebrock alum intake. the car has every piece that a numbers matching car would have but i DO NOT represent it as something it is not. i do not say its a 69 1/2. I've had mopar guys walk around the car, they always get on their hands and knees and look for the dana, its there. most over look obvious things like short brake pedal but an auto trans. this car would not be a tribute or a clone...it was a conversion. its all numbers matching parts for an A-12 car in a not A12 orginal body. The original car hit a telephone pole and my father purchased the drive train for $800.

you can keep harping on this true mopar guy stuff but me and my father are both mopar guys. there's been plenty of mopars in the stable. Both of us prefer the powerbulge for looks over the shaker.

i can understand the originality thing, my hurst olds is original down to the oil filter but i was talking about a "dream" challenger, taking the parts i like from all them and putting it on one car.

the air intake on the GS is more functional than that of a shaker hood, the seal that is around the opening of the shaker cut out deflects air over the shaker. the GS system is run on vacum and its suckin air into the scoops.

im not here to argue with a "true mopar guy" that has the mentality of a porsche owner. But my car was a b5 blue 383 4speed Road runner. It was restored in in 1982. The motor is a true 69 M-code correct with original carbs and the 69 only Edlebrock alum intake. the car has every piece that a numbers matching car would have but i DO NOT represent it as something it is not. i do not say its a 69 1/2. I've had mopar guys walk around the car, they always get on their hands and knees and look for the dana, its there. most over look obvious things like short brake pedal but an auto trans. this car would not be a tribute or a clone...it was a conversion. its all numbers matching parts for an A-12 car in a not A12 orginal body. The original car hit a telephone pole and my father purchased the drive train for $800.

you can keep harping on this true mopar guy stuff but me and my father are both mopar guys. there's been plenty of mopars in the stable. Both of us prefer the powerbulge for looks over the shaker.

Were all the other "mopars in the stable" Clones too ?

Uh huh! the buick ram air is worthy,but not the dodge,the dodge sits above the hood + catches air where the buick is more flat + would really have no ram air effect,don't get me wrong I like the buick ram air too + would not want a non ram air or fake scoops,on it such as what the power bulge is,but the shaker has to have at least as much of an effect as the buicks or pretty much any other one out there,so gimmick ? no + again i don't think either of them is adding a ton of hp but definetly better then no ram air at all

After reading your words about your taste in mopars + how you would do this + that ,with a challenger mixing yrs + models,i knew you had a fake 6-pack car,"A Tribute" as i'm sure you call it when knowledgable people are around who know its a fake.
Now that explains your,lack of mopar knowledge,+ taste,i've met a ton of people like you ,+ know exactly what's happening here,If you were the owner of an original 69 6-pack road runner you would not be talking the way you talk about rare mopar cars + parts,+ mixing yrs + models,+ comparing run of the mill stuff with the rarest most desirable pieces.
You are the type that buys a cheap imitation of something + tries to make it into something that it is not ,+ say well it's the same,but here is a clue for you it's not the same + that car is a clone,try to explain to people till your blue in the face how it has this part + that part "Just Like a real one",but it's still just a clone.
you are trying to put down the shaker because you know you will never own a real shaker challenger, You will make a clone like you did with the road runner,+ use the very inexpensive power bulge hood to make your original 6 cyl challenger,look like an r/t. What a waste ,just buy the real thing to begin with and then you don't have to hang your head,+ give them a song + dance everytime someone asks if its a real one or not.Why be a poser ?
I would never even consider buying a rambler + throwing a bunch of scrambler parts on it + trying to say i have a rambler scrambler,it would just knaw at me,knowing it was fake.
I'm actually surprised you have a stage 1 car, or is that A "Conversion" too?
Just out of curiosity, why no tr's in your list of g-bodies, the tr is the ultimate g-body.

Once again i pologize to the op of this thread.
Hey cutty classic if you insist on more dribble ,why don't you pm me or start a new thread or something,i find it hard not to respond to rediculous posts,+ i feel bad for ruining this op's thread.
Better yet lets just agree to disagree,we come from 2 dfferent worlds,me originality,rarity, collectibility,preservation + you... well, you know.

There are shaker hood kits available for the '08 and newer Challengers in aftermarket kits. Some dealers here are installing them but they are not a factory "dealer item" to my knowledge and I doubt the earlier post hood scoop is either. There's several to choose from on eBay.

t-typinator, you seem like a really nice guy, but you need to get off your high horse about the numbers matching deal. You sound pretty uppity in your last post. Nothing wrong with appreciating the numbers matching stuff, but belittling someone who took a totalled 6 pack car and used the stuff on another is just being silly and stuck up. What else would YOU do with the parts? Can't put that engine in a different A12, because that's not THE original engine to the car. May as well crush that son of a bitch, it's junk to the mopar elite. You'd probably rebody it and not tell anyone...

t-typinator, you seem like a really nice guy, but you need to get off your high horse about the numbers matching deal. You sound pretty uppity in your last post. Nothing wrong with appreciating the numbers matching stuff, but belittling someone who took a totalled 6 pack car and used the stuff on another is just being silly and stuck up. What else would YOU do with the parts? Can't put that engine in a different A12, because that's not THE original engine to the car. May as well crush that son of a bitch, it's junk to the mopar elite. You'd probably rebody it and not tell anyone...

Not in a million yrs would i rebody it + tell no one,but i would have either fixed the original car or found another,m-code in need of a drivetrain + original body parts,not throw it on a 383 car + pretend its not a clone.it's like if you find a hemi motor,do you throw it in a 6 cyl car or do you find a hemi car to throw it in,+ put another hemi car together,it won't be a #'s matching drivetrain but it will be an original hemi car back on the road not a 6 cyl clone.now normally if someone does something like he did,with that situation, i wouldn't say much about it,maybe say why didn't you find an orig.m-code car for the parts,or something to that effect,but when he started with the shaker thing + then the cobbling a challenger together,well muscle cars were my life for decades,+ iv'e said in another post at some point i've seen people do things to original rare muscle cars that made me want to cry,+ ran into people that well made me want to cry with their ignorance of what was happening to the muscle cars + having not a clue that they were a big part of the problem.
It just irks me when some one puts down something like an original shaker hood says it looks goofy + is a gimmick or what ever ,+ then says the base r/t hood is better + then starts talking about splicing together a mixed yr + mixed model car,+ act like he's really saying something intelligent,it's like one of my carpenters see's a friend of mine pull up in a beautiful jetstream blue 2010 grand sport vette,+ he takes me for a blast in it,i come back + say how nice it is + super fast etc. + the carpenter goes psssh! Tupperware!! long story short he put down a car that was so far beyond what he owns,which is a 72 318 dart,+proceeds to tell me how the dart is superior because its not made of plastic like the vette,when i told him how fast it was,it was like he had no clue ,he had never been in one or knew how they handle ,or how fast etc. but spouted off about how ugly it was + he would rather his 383 polara once he restores it etc.+ the 440 he's gonna build will blow that tupperware into the weeds. So all i could hear when cutty was putting down the shaker was the same jealousy as the carpenter,Thats what lead me to believe his Road Runner wasn't a real sixpack car + that he was jealous of the pic of the Real 6 pack Shaker Challenger i posted.And sure enough i was right on the money,I don't know if it was more the putting down of the much better hood setup or the reason i felt he was doing it,that bugged me more.anything like that will usually irk me,so i lost it for a bit,Usually i let things roll off me but I've got a lot of things going on on this end,lots of stress + havn't been able to work out for about a month,which always makes me irritable,+ impatient, but tonight i finally got in a work out,( a much needed workout) + should be able to get back into my usual routine,+ self again,that may sound strange to those that don't work out,on a regular basis,but to those who do,they know what i'm talking about, your mind + body becomes used to the daily work outs + when suddenly you can't ,It's stressfull in itself but add business stress to it + its even worse,so tonight i said thats it ,dropped everything,+ went + did what i had to do to regain some normalcy in my life.
Aanyway, i'm back on track + things should be rolling off my back again.

Ps,Shakers Rule,power bulges drool.:eek: Ok so maybe i'm a bit childish too.

Were all the other "mopars in the stable" Clones too ?

Uh huh! the buick ram air is worthy,but not the dodge,the dodge sits above the hood + catches air where the buick is more flat + would really have no ram air effect,don't get me wrong I like the buick ram air too + would not want a non ram air or fake scoops,on it such as what the power bulge is,but the shaker has to have at least as much of an effect as the buicks or pretty much any other one out there,so gimmick ? no + again i don't think either of them is adding a ton of hp but definetly better then no ram air at all

After reading your words about your taste in mopars + how you would do this + that ,with a challenger mixing yrs + models,i knew you had a fake 6-pack car,"A Tribute" as i'm sure you call it when knowledgable people are around who know its a fake.
Now that explains your,lack of mopar knowledge,+ taste,i've met a ton of people like you ,+ know exactly what's happening here,If you were the owner of an original 69 6-pack road runner you would not be talking the way you talk about rare mopar cars + parts,+ mixing yrs + models,+ comparing run of the mill stuff with the rarest most desirable pieces.
You are the type that buys a cheap imitation of something + tries to make it into something that it is not ,+ say well it's the same,but here is a clue for you it's not the same + that car is a clone,try to explain to people till your blue in the face how it has this part + that part "Just Like a real one",but it's still just a clone.
you are trying to put down the shaker because you know you will never own a real shaker challenger, You will make a clone like you did with the road runner,+ use the very inexpensive power bulge hood to make your original 6 cyl challenger,look like an r/t. What a waste ,just buy the real thing to begin with and then you don't have to hang your head,+ give them a song + dance everytime someone asks if its a real one or not.Why be a poser ?
I would never even consider buying a rambler + throwing a bunch of scrambler parts on it + trying to say i have a rambler scrambler,it would just knaw at me,knowing it was fake.
I'm actually surprised you have a stage 1 car, or is that A "Conversion" too?
Just out of curiosity, why no tr's in your list of g-bodies, the tr is the ultimate g-body.

Once again i pologize to the op of this thread.
Hey cutty classic if you insist on more dribble ,why don't you pm me or start a new thread or something,i find it hard not to respond to rediculous posts,+ i feel bad for ruining this op's thread.
Better yet lets just agree to disagree,we come from 2 dfferent worlds,me originality,rarity, collectibility,preservation + you... well, you know.
ur a pompus jerk. i'm glad i know mopar guys and buick and olds guys that arent jerk offs like you. not every one can afford $100,000 + muscle cars. its a shame the people with big money tend to become pricks. you can have ur numbers matching car then you can park it in ur garage and never drive it while i'm out enjoying the power of a real 6Barrel car. My dad resurected a dead car from the ground up in the 80;s when people were dumping muscle cars like crazy because of the gas crisis

as far as the other mopars: 67 coronet R/T, 69 GTX, 70 Charger R/T, 70 Cuda, 72 Challenger R/T were all real. and all were owned by my father pre-76. i like the POWER BULGE BETTER, it has nothing to do with whether or not i'll own a shaker hood car... i dont want one, never did.

my stage 1 is the real deal, you can ask JOHN CHAMBERLIN! you know what cam i have? the HEMI KILLER! i'll smash all those numbers matching hemi pricks. anyone else remember those hemi guys from GS Extra back in the 80's that went home crying cause the stage 1 crushed them...i do and i was just a kid back then.

ur really gonna hate me when i drop the LC2 in my 84 Hurst..

the only thing you showed in this thread is that you are all about status, i'm a car guy.. do you ever get ur hands dirty or are you too busy telling people about what kinda name brand tools you have. you disrespected every single person on this board that has a Non original Turbo buick.. i hope you realize that..

well anyway here is the fleet... not bad for middle class losers like me and my dad.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Not in a million yrs would i rebody it + tell no one,but i would have either fixed the original car or found another,m-code in need of a drivetrain + original body parts,not throw it on a 383 car + pretend its not a clone.it's.

car wasnt rebodied. the 383 was tired, it was 1982, the other car was folded in half and the deal was killer for a six pack motor. I've never lied about the car once. its the internet i could have easily lied to you. i know enough about mopars to have said the right things. but i didnt i represented the car for what it really is.

because i like one option over another i'm an idiot? everyone has different tastes, i never went off to say ur not a true mopar guy...blah blah...if ur so in love with a shaker hood why dont you try sticking it up ur a$$ and see if it fits.

btw all gnx's left the assembly plant as GNs. all A12 cars left the factory as 383s....they were converted down the road at the lynch assembly plant. my car was done in the same fashinon the original cars were except 13 years later in pittsburgh PA. gnXRAY is a conversion. hmmm what do you have to say about that?

I didn't direspect anybody, for modifying a turbo regal or anything even close to it,yu dreamed that up.I'm looking for a 10 second car now + have a post out saying that, + if you think i care about you putting a lc2 in a 83 oldsmobile ,your dumber then i thought ,are you under the impression that is a muscle car.Now if you said you were going to wreck an original #'s matching stage 1 car by doing that i would say that is just plain retarded,but a mid 80's olds ,be my guest.
+ i love stage 1 cars too so i'm not sure where you are going with that one either,i've owned a few in the past,yrs ago just like the hemi's so to act like some how you are showing me, because i use to own hemi's,well i also had the stage 1's so i am as much a stage 1 guy as i am a hemi guy ,maybe even more because i am looking around for the right price on a stage 1 now but the hemi's are too expensive.
i drove a local 70 gs 455 last week + may go back + make him an offer in the near future since he can't seem to sell it on ebay,its not running very good, had a 1/4 replaced + is asking 22 k ,I probably wouldn't want it unless it goes below $20
+ i don't buy hundred thousand dollar cars either, not sure where you picked up that i do. I had bought the green challenger back, in the early 90's i believe + it wasn't for 100k either or anywhere even close, it was a fraction of that.
The last 4 cars i bought were under,$7500 including the t-type i have now.
I drive a 1998 chevy pick up as my daily driver, so to act like i'm an elite snob that has all kinds of status symbols rolling around is fabricated in your head,I just looked back at my posts + nowhere did i say that i do any of that.
In another post i showed alot of cars i've owned in the past,+ as i say in that post that they were over the last 35 yrs or so.+ i'm pretty sure i say in there that i havn't had any in a few yrs because prices are crazy + it's just not fun any more,other then a $5k mustang + the 98 ss convertible. hence the name of the thread,pics of past cars.Thats the total of my elite status symbol vehicles maybe $12500 worth, show me where i said i have or buy $100 k cars.
Oh by the way could you find a smaller picture of your "stable of cars " anywhere.They are so far away it looks like a stable of ants, + just out of curiosity,which of these stable cars do YOU actually own?

Any way i don't want to carry this on any further

btw all gnx's left the assembly plant as GNs. all A12 cars left the factory as 383s....they were converted down the road at the lynch assembly plant. my car was done in the same fashinon the original cars were except 13 years later in pittsburgh PA. gnXRAY is a conversion. hmmm what do you have to say about that?[/QUOTE]

Ya ,thats the same thing,:rolleyes:
Huh! i guess you really have an original 6-pack road runner then, Huh?
By the time a gnx was sold brand new to the public it was a gnx not a gn.Same thing with an "Original" m-code 6-pack road runner.
Unlike your's that was put together in someones back yard,yrs later, + your dash vin plate,fender tag + body vin stampings will show it is a 383 car, + not a factory lift off hood, 6-pack car,unless those things were changed.
man everytime you open your mouth it gets worse. give it up.
I'm just curious,now too since you brought up the gs earlier,did that leave the factory as an original stage 1 car,?

I didn't direspect anybody, for modifying a turbo regal or anything even close to it,yu dreamed that up.I'm looking for a 10 second car now + have a post out saying that, + if you think i care about you putting a lc2 in a 83 oldsmobile ,your dumber then i thought ,are you under the impression that is a muscle car.Now if you said you were going to wreck an original #'s matching stage 1 car by doing that i would say that is just plain retarded,but a mid 80's olds ,be my guest.
+ i love stage 1 cars too so i'm not sure where you are going with that one either,i've owned a few in the past,yrs ago just like the hemi's so to act like some how you are showing me, because i use to own hemi's,well i also had the stage 1's so i am as much a stage 1 guy as i am a hemi guy ,maybe even more because i am looking around for the right price on a stage 1 now but the hemi's are too expensive.
i drove a local 70 gs 455 last week + may go back + make him an offer in the near future since he can't seem to sell it on ebay,its not running very good, had a 1/4 replaced + is asking 22 k ,I probably wouldn't want it unless it goes below $20
+ i don't buy hundred thousand dollar cars either, not sure where you picked up that i do. I had bought the green challenger back, in the early 90's i believe + it wasn't for 100k either or anywhere even close, it was a fraction of that.
The last 4 cars i bought were under,$7500 including the t-type i have now.
I drive a 1998 chevy pick up as my daily driver, so to act like i'm an elite snob that has all kinds of status symbols rolling around is fabricated in your head,I just looked back at my posts + nowhere did i say that i do any of that.
In another post i showed alot of cars i've owned in the past,+ as i say in that post that they were over the last 35 yrs or so.+ i'm pretty sure i say in there that i havn't had any in a few yrs because prices are crazy + it's just not fun any more,other then a $5k mustang + the 98 ss convertible. hence the name of the thread,pics of past cars.Thats the total of my elite status symbol vehicles maybe $12500 worth, show me where i said i have or buy $100 k cars.
Oh by the way could you find a smaller picture of your "stable of cars " anywhere.They are so far away it looks like a stable of ants, + just out of curiosity,which of these stable cars do YOU actually own?

Any way i don't want to carry this on any further
no you disrepected anyone that took a n/a regal and put a turbo motor in that should be in a car with a turbo vin.. right? thats the same thing ur saying to me with the RR...cause if your only saying that about RRs and not regals when then that make you a Hypocrite. my 83 hurst is all original, a first place winner at the 09 OCA nationals. the Lc2 is goin in my 84 since the original motor and trans were stolen along with the original 383 block for the road runner...OH no maybe someone is taking that 383 and putting it in a satalite.

like i said before...my stage 1 is real and John Chamberlain and a few others in the GS community know it is, we had to send bill baylis rubbings of the the vin and trim tags before he woulds sell us parts...if you dont know who john and bill are ... well you must not be a real buick GS guy. the car was originally ordered by a girl in harrisburg PA hence the color combo. the only things omitted during the resto were the body side trim and 14 inch buick rallys.

since you dont know how to click on a THUMBNAIL here is a bigger copy for you old man
fleeti.png

left to right: mine, pops, pops, mine, mine. the road runner is his, he dont drive it cause he hurt his back and its manual brakes and steering so i drive it.

none of those cars were done in "someones backyard" they were restored by my dad at his Auto repair shop or they were restored by both of us at his shop.
n5033657382481636600072d.jpg

no 1/4 panels put on this one...thats all original GM metal
n5033657386654269919.jpg

12168229092305738503365.jpg

76231659773157385033657.jpg

2010 all oldsmobile calender february shot

maybe ur the one with the case of envy...it dont matter what you used to have, its what you got now. i'm thankful for what i got cause i know i worked hard to get it. numbers matchin or not.

The gs is the only one i'd have any interest in owning + thats only if it's a # 's matching stage 1 car with the original motor + if wasn't a rot box in the past with replaced quarters,floor boards etc.
The rr looks nice but again its nothing i'd be interested in owning for anything more then a temporary beater,If i'm going to own an older muscle car,it's going to be an original,what ever it is,now that doesn't mean it can't have some mods,depending on what they are i may or may not leave them. i just want it to be what it came out of the factory as, with the original drivetrain.
And on the buick turbo thing,I could care less if someone wants to put a lc2 in a naturally aspirated car, It makes a whole lot more sense to the average person to put it in a lc2 car,preferably a 86 or 87 + have the value of a factory turbo car,+ have much easier installation,so i would figure most of the time thats what is going to happen,unless someone wants a specialty vehicle like a mazda or something else with a turbo in it.
i don't know of anybody that goes + looks to buy a turbo regal + checks for the matching #'s motor,i'm sure some have but i havn't heard of it.I surely never have, it just doesn't seem to be a factor in these cars.These cars are not like the old muscle cars, with all diff makes + models + tranny options,motor sizes + configurations,big blocks ,small blocks,hp levels etc.The turbo cars are all the same motor + trans, so its a whole different ball game,if it's an lc2 car with an lc2 motor,nobody seems to care about matching #'s,including me, they all came with the same motor so who cares. Not so with the early muscle cars,you don't want to pay big block prices + find out the car you just bought was originally a low horse small block car.
If i were to buy an ultra low mile,bone stocker as a forever keeper + investment then ,i would probably be looking for the orig motor in it + would keep mods to a minimum of easily reversible ones.
Stock these cars are ok,but the whole thing,about these cars is you can make them go, big time + still be streetable ,drive like a granny's car till you stomp on it + the nice thing is if you want a nice collectable low mile bone stock car they are still available,and so are nice streetable,modded ones + some real nasty ones too.So it was a nice try to make it sound like somehow i was disrespecting people who have modified their turbo cars,but that is something else you conjured up in your head,I will gladly take one of those big old nasty heavily modified trs off of someones hands right now,been looking for a while + am getting antsy.

temporary beater? hahaha what a joke. you are a grown ass man disrespectful as can be to another car guy for no reason other than i had an opinion about the shaker hood and i told the truth that my car was not numbers matching...keep jerking off over cars you used to have... waaaa i didnt work out in a long time... your on ur period so just stick a tampon in ur p**** already.

Back to original topic of the thread...

I bought a 2010 R/T Black Pearl metallic back in September. 5.7 with the auto (daily driver.) Super Track Pack with 20-inch F1's. No stripes. Stealthy and grown-up (I'm in my 50's) although I've seen one with the red fender slash stripes and that's bitchin'.

It is roomy, rides smoothly, handles very well for size and weight, with good power and decent mileage. A completely different car from the Camaro and Mustang. Huge trunk - I brought home a 6-drawer dresser in the box from Ikea in the trunk closed, with the rear seats folded down. :biggrin: Try that in either of the pony cars.

I really do love it, and still get a big kick out of it every time I drive it. I recommend it. SRT-8 for 2011 is rated at 472 HP. nice.

I would find the Synergy Green SS hard to turn down! :biggrin:

Our local Chevrolet dealer has an RS optioned one in this color sitting on his lot. Looks cool and has graphite colored wheels. He told me he's had calls on it from 500+ miles away....but that's the dealer talking :D