You can type here any text you want

Does a chip impact BLM?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I have a red's 93 chip that everyone says is fat (i agree) is this contributing to the BLM reading high? I can't remember but it is north of 128.

TIA,

EW

Yes, the chip has everything to do with the BLM fueling correction. If the BLMs are above 128, then that is lean, not fat. Anything above 128 is adding fuel...below is removing fuel. With that said, there can be a host of other things that will effect BLMs also...exhaust leak before O2, vac leak, bad MAf to name a few.

I was referring to strictly the idle at this point, can't drive the car now anyhow.

Agree that other causes could contribute, but wanted to eliminate a variable. I'm updating this chip to something that runs better with 009's and avoids the dreaded tip in problem. Hoping to kill two birds....

Thanks,

EW

Yep, all of the mentioned could effect BLMs at idle. If they are in the 150-160 range, then thats usually a good sign of a vac leak, or the chip is for bigger injectors than you have. Tip-in stumble could be the IAC out of the 10-40 count range. I have not heard of 009s having any tip in stumble problems since they are not that big of an injector. Much bigger than 55's, such as the 65#ers have an issue, but its easily corrected in the AE fueling parms in the chip. Try another chip and see if that changes anything, if it does not, then it could be one of the other culprits.

Follow Up

OK, I posted this a while back and it comes full circle. I'm not sure if I'm chasing something that I need to worry about or not.

RA 93 Chip, BLM ranges from 125-135 idle commonly around 132. These are acceptable numbers from what I remember.

TT 93 Chip, BLM basically zooms to 138 at idle, once you start driving it heads north to 148. No other changes, ECM reset between changes.

Any ideas why the difference between the two? It's not like I have an exhaust leak from one and not the other....unless one uses EGR and one doesn't?

Thanks in advance,

EW

NHRA Super Gas said:
OK, I posted this a while back and it comes full circle. I'm not sure if I'm chasing something that I need to worry about or not.

RA 93 Chip, BLM ranges from 125-135 idle commonly around 132. These are acceptable numbers from what I remember.

TT 93 Chip, BLM basically zooms to 138 at idle, once you start driving it heads north to 148. No other changes, ECM reset between changes.

Any ideas why the difference between the two? It's not like I have an exhaust leak from one and not the other....unless one uses EGR and one doesn't?

Thanks in advance,

EW

Because they have different parameters programmed. Could be a dozen or more different things, but the TT 93 chip is definately off by a good bit.

Back