You can type here any text you want

Does anyone have mud flaps on their TTA ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbotaone

I 'm getting tired of washing my TTA only to have the wet
tires fling water down the sides of my car. I've also noticed
a few stone chips behind my wheels. I figure that most guys
don't want to drill holes in their TTA's, but mine isn't a show
car so I don't really care about that. I had a nice custom set
of mud flaps on a white 1989 GTA that had a chrome bird on them,
and they looked pretty good. I was just wondering if anyone
had mud flaps on their TTA ? I'm thinking about getting a nice
custom set for mine if I can find them.

Thanks James

turbotaone - I personally dont have them and have never seen a thirdgen with them. I have seen this clear film that gets applied to hoods to protect them for rock chips and fading paint. It is sorta like a clear window tint material, because it blocks UV rays. It is also thicker than window tint, and is meant to be put on over the paint. When appplied correctly it is pretty much invisible to the eye, I dont know who makes the stuff but you might wanna look into it. HTH

hey turbotaone,

I have mudflaps on my TTA. I got them from a 94 trans am and they say "trans am" in a cursive script at the bottom. They are black with white lettering.

Personally i hate the look of mudflaps, but these really do look OK and serve their purpose with my drag radials. I'll get some pics soon so u guys can see they look tastefull.

~Murt

Hello Murt TTA,

Your mudflaps are the kind that I'm looking for. Years ago
you could walk into any large auto parts store( Western Auto,
Autozone, Advanced Auto, etc.) and find these custom mudflaps
with either the Firebird or Trans Am logo on them. They were
black and had white or chrome lettering on them. I can't find
them anymore in these stores, I can't even find any that say
Pontiac on them.

James

I got them at the GM dealerchip for like 25 a pair. I got a few extra pairs of them back a few years ago, but then sold them on ebay... u might want to try looking out on ebay for them, or maybe have some custom made for your TTA.

Good luck!

~Murt

I had them on my TTA.
GM part and i used the bolts that holds the plastic piece, no drilling in the car.

Is also used as burnout buddies!;)

You can get some of those big black paper clips with the little handles on them (I know they have a name for them but it escapes me right now) and use them to attach the flaps to your car with no drilling. I saw this in Hot Rod a long time ago and see it at the car shows all the time. Just clip on to drive and take them off when you show. :)

Back