Does anyone like the AMERICAN TOP GEAR SHOW?

does anyone like the American TOP GEAR tv show

• Yes

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • No

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Gimmie the Brits version

Votes: 30 57.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I hated it at first. It is starting to grow on me though. Jeremy Clarkson is a hard act to follow. You kinda got to go at it as a whole different type of show than the Brit version...if that makes any sense. If you compare them as the same show...the us version sucks balls.

Honestly, the humor is just boring. They try so hard to get a laugh out of you, and that is what really kills it for me. At least when Jeremy Clarkson says it, it doesn't sound rehearsed but more off the top of his head. For example "The Stig isn't a cop"? Really? No crap he isn't a cop. You have been working with him filming for a while. It just seems so fake is what I am getting at. Anyone else feel the same?

And secondly, I cannot find Top Gear UK version anywhere! It is no longer On-Demand :(.

The American version of Top gear is like having a fat drunk lady hitting on you at a club,you just want to close your eyes and hope it goes away fast, they seem to be laboring to try and be some what entertaining.

Brit version all the way, don't see the US version staying on the air for very long.

They should have called it something else. The original is so much better, something about British humor.:)

should have used car guys with some sense of humor, maybe jay leno, Adam carolla

Watched the first episode of the US version. Not impressed. Rather watch re-runs of the brit version;)

Keep in mind they had to "dumb" it down for a whole new demographic. There are ALOT of people in the US that have no idea what this show is or that there's an original BBC version. Hell....most people think The Office is a US show.

They will spend this season explaining what they are doing step by step until we get the jist of it.

It is too scripted right now. Adam Ferara is actually hilarious, I can see him struggling with the prompter. They need to let him wing it like it seems Rutledge does from time to time. I didn't think I would like Rutledge, but he was hilarious when he took a swig of that moonshine.

Tanner.....they just need to boot that dude. Tim Allen should be in there with slightly long gray hair....he can be our Captain Slow. Foust makes me want to turn my underwear around and run crank first into a snow bank filled with IED's.

The show will get better. I'm sure the BBC version sucked at first too. Tanner Foust can drive and gives the show some credibility. I laughed pretty hard when they had the junkers on the dirt track. Reminds me of what my buddy and I used to do, buy a pair of $200 caprices or crown vics and beat them to death in his nursery. About the most fun you can have.

The show will get better. I'm sure the BBC version sucked at first too. Tanner Foust can drive and gives the show some credibility. I laughed pretty hard when they had the junkers on the dirt track. Reminds me of what my buddy and I used to do, buy a pair of $200 caprices or crown vics and beat them to death in his nursery. About the most fun you can have.

Foust is a drifter, not a driver. There's a difference. IMHO Foust lends no credibility to the show at all.

Can you tell I am not a fan of Tanner? :biggrin:

Of the three, yes he is the only one that can do big powerslides.

It's keeping my interest at the moment.

- Keep Rutledge.
- Swap Adam Carolla for Ferrara.
- Swap Tommy Kendall for Tanner.

The show just makes me feel uncomfy.... I feel bad for them and what they are trying to do... however... the big guy Rutledge is the only one that is enjoyable to watch... I just dont associate these guys with cars... Tanner a bit but then... thats drifting in which I dont care for at all....

Brit version just seems so much more fluid then the American version... Even when they watch the stars go around the track in the cheap car... Ferrara has no dialogue about it at all... If I hear him say "this is the slowest part of the track" one more time... I'm going to find him and beat him with a loaf of Italian bread.

I will continue to watch though, in hopes that it gets better... Still better then watching the other crap on the air right now...

Foust is a drifter, not a driver. There's a difference. IMHO Foust lends no credibility to the show at all.

Can you tell I am not a fan of Tanner? :biggrin:

Of the three, yes he is the only one that can do big powerslides.

I thought the same thing before I watched him pass a bunch of racers on a road course and finish second right on the winner Jimmy Vasser's rear bumper.

OK, I've watched every episode all the way through. And....... It still SUX, ain't getting any better, not growing on me. I've seen the old Brit Top Gear that sucked, and the "new" American version sucks way worse. I will continue to watch and hope it gets better, but I don't think it will.

Tanner.....they just need to boot that dude. Tim Allen should be in there with slightly long gray hair....he can be our Captain Slow. Foust makes me want to turn my underwear around and run crank first into a snow bank filled with IED's.

LOL, how do you really feel about the guy?

You have to have some knowledge of driving before you can drift. The guy can drive/drift, but he doesn't have the personality to do Top Gear. The Tim Allen idea is a good one.