You can type here any text you want

Does the MAP sensor work without the factory boost / tach gauges connected?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BuickMike

Money pit
I'm in the middle of the cluster swap and something crossed my mind. Does the factory cluster power the MAP sensor? Just making sure it does not because I'm removing it. Can someone confirm? Thanks!

Remove it. It's there only for the tach boost gauge, to indicate boost.

It does power the MAP sensor. When I removed by boost/tach unit to have Caspers rebuild it my PowerLogger quit logging boost.

Note: if you do the recommend power upgrade from Steve's site to fortify the MAP it will keep working.

It does power the MAP sensor. When I removed by boost/tach unit to have Caspers rebuild it my PowerLogger quit logging boost.

Note: if you do the recommend power upgrade from Steve's site to fortify the MAP it will keep working.

Earl, do you have a link? Not sure what site you are referring to. I had a feeling the gauge powered the MAP. I can always tie power into the plug though.

if you run alkycontrol you need the map , the new alky kits include a jump harness that is plug and play for powering the map sensor from the tps ..call julio and get one

Thanks all. I have a 3 bar for alky and Powerlogger, so I do need it. I'll just tie it in with the TPS wire and be good.

Since you're not running the boost/tach module, I'd put the 3bar in place of the stock 2bar and do Steves wiring mod. It'll be a cleaner install since your 2bar doesn't do anything now.

Since you're not running the boost/tach module, I'd put the 3bar in place of the stock 2bar and do Steves wiring mod. It'll be a cleaner install since your 2bar doesn't do anything now.

I already have a 3 bar in the stock location. I use it for PL and my Alky Control. I just need to get power too it. Thanks!!

Ahh, then you're set. Just do the wiring mod behind the glove box and it'll work better then it did originally.

If you are trusting the factory wiring here your engine is on borrowed time. The 5v and ground need to be solid circuits. Grabbing 5v and ground off the TPS is highly recommended

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I installed a Performance Industries GNX dash in my car a few weeks back. I had to ground the MAP sensor, all other circuits at the MAP sensor were still working properly.

If you are trusting the factory wiring here your engine is on borrowed time. The 5v and ground need to be solid circuits. Grabbing 5v and ground off the TPS is highly recommended

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's how I took care of it. ;)

Back