You can type here any text you want

Does the TT chip eliminate air inlet temp sensor?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

OhioC5

Underwear model
I was scrolling through my scanmaster yesterday and noticed ATR flashing "HOT" coolant temps were only 200 ish, it was pretty hot yesterday. I'm going to scroll through it while its cold and see if it flashes.

No, that's what the SM does when the air inlet temps are over 150.

The TT chip does not use the air temp sensor for anything, unless its a SD chip.

The air temp sensor is only used in the SD chips. It just needs to plugged in so you don't get a SES light but it still funtions as a temp sender so you can see what temp the air is going into the engine, other than that it's just along for the ride.

NOt even for start up , its code has been re-written to make room for other features in the chip. Also the bob bailey extender/extreme chips do not use the air temp sensor unless in sd mode.

hello people; I put that question in to TT as I've had a thread going for a bit
and I'am curious about the answer. It's under (info. on chip).
IBBY

NOt even for start up , its code has been re-written to make room for other features in the chip. Also the bob bailey extender/extreme chips do not use the air temp sensor unless in sd mode.

sorry to resurrect an old thread. If the inlet temp sensor is not used what precautions should I take if race conditions are 100 plus degrees compared to my cool coastal environment :cool: say 85 to 90.

If I tune it to the edge at home how much should I back it down for the conditions in the valley, where should I make the changes timing or boost.

Back