You can type here any text you want

Does this look BUTCHEROUS?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JP112_89

I ran the strap from the eye bolt to the sub frame bracket. I am very impressed with the way the car feels at idle and under boost. The motor mounts were replaced last year and since then I have only put a few hundered miles on them. I know they where done right but one is already slightly sagging. The strap fixed all the minor jiggles and is so much quieter! When shifting in gear, the car is silent and much more firm. Everything seems much more secure and tight.

I put a twist tie around the racket for extra insurance. Do you think it looks alright? How is the angle? Look like something that will last a long time? Thanks, Joe

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 218
Straps never look right on these cars IMO. Get the engine anchor. I ran both strap and anchor and the anchor performs like the strap and looks a lot better.

Ratchet in an engine compartment looks hill-jack to me...Sorry.

Hi,
That won't cut it, sorry to say.A simple cable or one of the vendor's straps will be much better.

Just my opinion of course, but staps and anchors look like ass no matter how they are installed. As already wisely stated, get a HnR drivers poly mount and save yourself some broken parts. One of the local guys had the eye bolt break. The alternator lip and air conditioning hose at the end were screwed. Also cracked his main accessory bracket.

Here's one I made. It's just some 1/4" bar stock that I fabbed up into 2 pieces and drilled to fit over the 2 strut tower bolts use a 3/8 eye bolt and a turnbuckle. BUT I had been chasing some false-transitional knock and I always suspected this tie down. Sure enough I fabbed up another mount and made a real short ratchet strap out of two in order to replace the turnbuckle set up.
It eliminated allot if not most of my false knock problems, save for the 1-2 shift etc.

t-top008.jpg

Straps never look right on these cars IMO. Get the engine anchor. I ran both strap and anchor and the anchor performs like the strap and looks a lot better.

Ratchet in an engine compartment looks hill-jack to me...Sorry.

Agree. I was thinking about the anchor and the have read about the cable as well.

I took the ratchet apart. Placed a heavy duty bolt in between the 2 holes on the ratchet (hooking to eyebolt) and used loctite on the bolt. I cut the strap. Now I just had about 3 feet of strap and the S hook. Then I hooked the S hook to the sub frame bracket. I fed the strap into the ratchet a tightened.

Just thought I would add a little more detail to the my original post. Joe

HOLY COW!!!! Did Demo put that on for you?? :D Just kidding. Joe buy the poly mount from H&R and I'll put in for you for a nomonal fee. Phil:cool:

HOLY COW!!!! Did Demo put that on for you?? :D Just kidding. Joe buy the poly mount from H&R and I'll put in for you for a nomonal fee. Phil:cool:

hehehe your crazy Phil. :) I am looking the tickets to the Raiders & Bills game right now.:cool:

Back